First EMT Interview!! Help!!

KC850

Forum Ride Along
I have a interview with Verihealth, in Petaluma, Ca. Does anybody work for them, or know what to expect? Its been 6mos since I got out of my EMT-B program and I really don't want to blow this. Thanks guys.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I have a interview with Verihealth, in Petaluma, Ca. Does anybody work for them, or know what to expect? Its been 6mos since I got out of my EMT-B program and I really don't want to blow this. Thanks guys.

Dress professional.

Go in confident.

Answer everything honestly to the best of your ability.

JMorin95

Forum Crew Member
Don't tell them cliche things like

"I'm a perfectionist" or
"I can't think of any ways I need to improve"

Ask questions when they give you a chance and look up information about the company online. Asking questions shows that you have interest in the job. Be prepared for them to ask a few scenario based questions.

BayAreaEMT

Forum Probie
If this is your first EMT job and have no previous experience I don't think they'll ask you anything too complicated if they do give you a scenario question, in fact the 2 companies I worked for, neither gave me a scenario question nor did they have a skills test. I would say prepare for it like its a regular job interview, a big part of this job is customer service, sell yourself with that. Also they'll probably ask you the basic stuff, "why do you want to be an EMT?" and "Why do you want to work for us?".