First call?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
First call was a head on accident at free way speeds. One ejected, pronounced DOA (nearly decapitated. Spinal column was visibly separated, and all the other important bits, only thing holding it on was a piece of skin). One peds with neck pain along with a laceration along her shoulder. Only injury that was treated out of 7 people total.
Call after that was a code. Now I've been like another 70 hours into my vehiculars without another call at all.

TheLocalMedic

Grumpy Badger
Rich lady with a cold. She refused to walk out so we had to haul her out on a carry-all tarp.

DAN911

Forum Probie
Car accident, mutiples patients but nobody seriously injured. No transportation.

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
My first call as a EMT as a 3rd. Easter Sunday Morning I don't even think the ink Dried on my card yet. a guy decided that to cure his headache he was going to drill a hole in his forehead with a 1/2" drill bit. his wife decided to remove said drill bit and he was squirting like Old faithful.

When I finally got free to be on my own, my first call was a congestive heart failure, to cardiogenic shock, to cardiac arrest, This guy was huge like near 700 lbs. so it was hard to treat him and then getting him out of the house was just as much of a challenge. he crashed on the way to the ED

From there I went to have 2 more cardiac arrests over the next 24 hours. needless to say I was really questioning whether I was the grim reaper or not.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My very first call as an EMT was dispatched as a cardiac arrest. And it was.

Only problem was she had arrested a few hours before anyone called us.

ZombieEMT

Chief Medical Zombie
Premium Member
18 month old, 1st and 2nd degree burns over 80% of body from hot water.

Steffah

Forum Probie
In fire, a cardiac arrest (turned out to be due to a PE). In 911 EMS, a three year old with a head injury from an MVA. In convalescent EMS, returning a cranky old man to his house after dialysis.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPRinProgress

Forum Lieutenant
I was lucky enough to get the mental health call that ended up being an RMA. As an EMT, I got a call for chest pains.

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
My first call was from my wife reminding me to pick up milk. :huh:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Full arrest. Even obtained ROSC prior to departing scene. I was completely awestruck, to put it plainly, watching the fire guys and the medic and his partner in what seemed to me at the time to be a wonderfully choreographed yet perfectly chaotic series of events.

nakenyon

Forum Crew Member
Accident with Entrapment. Got to land the helicopter and all. 5 patients in total I think. Was quite exciting for a 17 year old kid. Five years later, I'd rather take a non-emergency sick person than go on an entrapment call. Way more fun being able to converse with my patients about their lives - especially the older ones.

rlcpr

Forum Probie
DOA. I was only 16 at the time. Just kind of awkwardly stood around at 4:30 in the morning until we cleared the scene.

acard1772

Forum Ride Along
As a student, MVA with fully engulfed vehicle...guy was a crispy critter

As an EMT, AMS caused by low BGL

As a Medic, Full blown STEMI followed by officer down....that was an intense but crappy first shift.