Fire Dept. Interview(ish)

takl23

Forum Crew Member
Hey All,

I got a letter from a small local dept. after sending my resume/credentials, etc. The letter requests for me to meet with the chief at 7:00pm next week. Question is, what attire is proper? I have a full time job in finance so I know how to dress business professional. For one private EMS interview they request business casual.

My first thought was suit and no tie. Maybe it's the time of the interview that's throwing me off? I feel like this should be so difficult :blink:

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
volunteer or paid member?

Volunteer - Business casual will be fine, hell khakis and a nice shirt would be fine.

Professional - Look professional, Business professional can't top it. If your a little overdressed it is what it is

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
What he said. Better to over do it than under do it.

OP
OP
T

takl23

Forum Crew Member
It is a paid dept. but like I mentioned small town less than 6,000 people. I think full suit will be the way to go.

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Do it to it buddy. Good luck.

sweetpete

Forum Lieutenant
Definitely a full suit and tie. Go easy on the cologne.

Best wishes buddy!!

OP
OP
T

takl23

Forum Crew Member
Interview is this evening. I am hoping for good things! I do currently have a gig with a private so this is a bonus. I'll put my best foot forward and all that but the pressure is off which is nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

takl23

Forum Crew Member
Interview went very well, probably won't be the best fit as they are primarily a call dept. and I live just over 10 minutes away. Thanks everyone for the tips!