Finished my EMT class yesterday!

loves2(k)box84

Forum Ride Along
Hardly 20 drugs.

Agreed, we had about 20 or so drugs we had to memorize for first semester in nursing school. And just the dosages, not mechanism of action or parameters to check before administering? Seems a bit off... I'm in CA and I remember the only drugs we could either give or assist with for basics were O2, oral glucose, activated charcoal, ASA, Epi-Pen and Albuterol.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
I forgot NTG, ASA, and O2. Still not 20 drugs but I could see how there could be 20 questions pertaining to those meds.

yeah i think its 20 drug related questions, dosages contraindications etc,,and not 20 drugs

dcemt

Forum Probie

PASSED THE FINAL !!!!!!!!

now i have to study up for the state exam
and find one to take (somewhere)

dcemt

Forum Probie
there were 20 questions exactly pertaining to drug dosages
mostly adult and peds but some contraindications and names

and 150 scenario based questions
my eyes need a rest from all the reading (studying) and then the test

i was in such a good mood that it didnt even bother me when mother nature dropped buckets on me on the drive home on my motorcycle

dcemt

Forum Probie
taking my state final tonight
at 18:00
done as much as i can do
took all the online test went over my notes talked to other that have taken the final ...
cross fingers and hope for the best

dcemt

Forum Probie
thank you
got the test done
dont know how i feel about it
now playing the waiting game to get the results
it was not a computer test ....it was a scan tron type exam
100 questions ABCD choice
hate waiting ARRRRRRR!!!!!!

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
Normally it's best to take it soon after you finish the class. Because all the info is still fresh in your mind. I was able to take my national test the week before I graduated from my EMT class.

some chick i was in class did this, she was on the ball and she put in her resume with the company before she finished the class,
AND GOT HIRED! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

oh well good for her

EMTnelly87

Forum Ride Along
all of our regular test here in texas are 100 questions and our final is 200 question....i take my final tomorrow.... :unsure: :blink: (biting my nails)