Finished my EMT class yesterday!

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
I finished my EMT class yesterday in Orange, California
with an "A" and I am about to schedule my NREMT-B Exam. How long
would you wait to take it?

Our Final was 150 questions all scenarios, I also just subscribed
to JBLearning for their NREMT practice exam.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!:)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Normally it's best to take it soon after you finish the class. Because all the info is still fresh in your mind. I was able to take my national test the week before I graduated from my EMT class.

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Thanks!!

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
congrats on the good grade!!! give yourself about a week to prepare for the NREMT exam, but nothing more past that. I took my EMT-B class back last summer, and decided to hold off on the exam, and then i forgot sooooo much, that i didnt want to take the test at all, as i knew i would have failed it. So i retook the EMT-B class passed it again, and took my ENREMT exam a week after my last class. That gave me time to study on my weaknesses, and then i passed it on the first try. So far im the only one out of my class that has taken the NREMT exam, and it yielded great results for me.

Good luck man, I bet you'll nail that exam on the head.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
For me personally, I would take the exam for Basic as soon as you can after class. You should still have retention of the material and it will be somewhat fresh.

I completed the class, took the exam a week later on a Friday, and then took the practical the next morning. It was nice going into the practical testing knowing I had already passed the CBT.

freebyrd

Forum Crew Member
I finished my EMT class yesterday in Orange, California
with an "A" and I am about to schedule my NREMT-B Exam. How long
would you wait to take it?

Our Final was 150 questions all scenarios, I also just subscribed
to JBLearning for their NREMT practice exam.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you!:)

congrats, as far as when to test..immediately.. and what materials?
well a lot of my classmates went to barnes and noble or borders to buy this or that, and went to some website promising this or that,

strictly for economic reasons i wasn't going to throw a lot of extra money around, at least on the first try..
so i went with what i learned in class and off my quizzes
bottom line past first time 81 questions.

just for giggles after i had passed i went and looked at some of the practice tests on these websites, and from my perspective on what i was tested on, these after class study methods wouldn't have helped me at all.

one of my instructors said, either you know it or you don't
very true.
good luck, if you paid attention you will do aces!

OP
OP
OCTraumaQueen

OCTraumaQueen

Forum Crew Member
Thank You!

Thanks everyone, for your insight!
My exam will be 5/6/11 @ 530 pm.

<3 Thanks

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Did you mean June 6 or June 5? Either way good luck!

Big Easy

Forum Probie
I am taking mine today @ 15:00!

Jb learning is a great resource. My advice regarding that program is to take a quiz on each category separately to see where you need to review. Then re-take the category quizzes until your in the 90-100% range. You can do this within a week!

Good luck and keep us posted!!

wadford

Forum Crew Member
I too just passed my class. Here in S.C though you can't schedule your written, you have to wait until you pass practicals. I go on the 27th to do registry.

dcemt

Forum Probie

currently studying for the final in my emt-b class
will have the test in 3 days
150 questions
plus 20 drug dosages

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
currently studying for the final in my emt-b class
will have the test in 3 days
150 questions
plus 20 drug dosages

Since when did basics administer drugs ?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Since when did basics administer drugs ?

Here in NM basics can give Glutose, Albuterol, Atrovent, ASA, 02, Charcoal, APAP (for pedi fever), Epi in either an epi pen or the basic can draw it up in a 0.3cc syringe, Narcan, and assist w/ NTG.

pa132399

Forum Crew Member
in pa we can assist pt with epi-pen, inhaler, and nitroglycerin, some service can certify their emt to do cpap, and carry epi pens on the bus. activ char is being taken off of our requirements for licensure. more people throw up from it and thats what we dont want.

onlysimioli

Forum Ride Along
I thought that's exactly what you would want. That's why its contradicted by caustic and acids. Because the pt will vomit. Bodys natural defense to poisons is vomiting so why no good? Just curious.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
A pt aspirating vomit is NEVER a good thing.