FIELD TRAINING for New Job

CombatCasualtyCare21

Forum Probie
Reaction score
Any experienced medics have any advice for an EMT starting his first city EMS job? Going through field training next week and thought I would ask you all what you look for from new BLS rookies when your in this stage of the hiring process. Focus on BLS skills? Take initiative? Wait for direction? Just want to find the balance. Thanks everyone.

Did you not like the answers you got in the same exact thread you posted yesterday?

I got a lot of good answers, I just wanted to post the same question in a more frequently visited forum to see if there was any significant change in amount of diversity or quantity of the responses to a more widely viewed post. This is an EMT forum, not a critic forum. Can we not just focus on helping each other?

No need to be rude. Go look at something else if it bugs you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...

Community Rules Up there at the top in green.

Read them. Then you wont get any rude responses.

Participants may not create duplicate threads (cross posting) or direct others to threads they have started.

You're right. My intentions were not to abuse the forums. Sorry for disrupting the integrity of the website you are so effectively policing.

You're right. My intentions were not to abuse the forums. Sorry for disrupting the integrity of the website you are so effectively policing.

I am not policing anything. Just letting you know. You are the one that got all mad and puffed up.

But regarding our original question. I start my third rides next week. I think they just wanna make sure you don't kill anyone :P

Awesome, my tenth post, now i get to use the signature option.

I was thinking something like: "Read the Community Rules before Use" ^_^

How about something along the lines of....."Lizzie Borden had an axe gave her mother 40 whacks when she saw what she had done, she gave her father 41"

Back