Field tech?

griffithsgriffin

Forum Crew Member
Though it is not an EMT/EMS gig, has anyone worked as a field recovery technician? Aftermath, inc. in Seattle is hiring a few positions. Sounds like a tough and maybe emotional job: crime scene clean-up, dealing with hoarders, etc. Pay seems pretty decent. Anyone have experience in this type of work?

leoemt

Forum Captain
Though it is not an EMT/EMS gig, has anyone worked as a field recovery technician? Aftermath, inc. in Seattle is hiring a few positions. Sounds like a tough and maybe emotional job: crime scene clean-up, dealing with hoarders, etc. Pay seems pretty decent. Anyone have experience in this type of work?

They wouldn't let me apply because I live more than 45 minutes away from Seattle. Not impressed with them or their so called professionalism. I have done some biohazard clean up in the past and its not fun. It won't help you get your state cert. If you want to do clean up like that I would apply for ServiceMaster.

kindofafireguy

Forum Crew Member
Haven't worked for them, but looked at applying a while back. From what I read online, I'd be wary.

It appears to be mostly on call, so you're not really guaranteed a paycheck, and I did read that they utilize some questionable business tactics.

Just my $0.02 though.