fedup?

emtgirl_in_training

Forum Crew Member
:sad:i think i've been deluding myself into thinking i'm not a glorifed taxi that accepts medi aid. and i hate feeling like this.

Emt /b/

Forum Crew Member
While you may be a glorified taxi 99 times out of 100, that other 1 time will make it all worth while.

nodirt

Forum Ride Along
Cabulance4.jpg

You call, we haul!

OP
OP
emtgirl_in_training

emtgirl_in_training

Forum Crew Member
While you may be a glorified taxi 99 times out of 100, that other 1 time will make it all worth while.

well my real reason for feeling as such, is because i just had that 1 time. and i had to make a tough call. for saving some kid's life, i was chewed up and spit out. then remolded to my former self in the matter of 10 minutes. they (my bosses) tell us that we are one of the most highly trained, if not the most, in the world, which i totally agree with. (we are by far the busiest, but anyway) and that we should be thinking for ourselves and blah blah blah. BUT only if the computer tells us to first. :sad:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
well my real reason for feeling as such, is because i just had that 1 time. and i had to make a tough call. for saving some kid's life, i was chewed up and spit out. then remolded to my former self in the matter of 10 minutes. they (my bosses) tell us that we are one of the most highly trained, if not the most, in the world, which i totally agree with. (we are by far the busiest, but anyway) and that we should be thinking for ourselves and blah blah blah. BUT only if the computer tells us to first. :sad:

Okay, having a hard time deciphering of what your attempting to convey and also not to be so gullible on every thing your told.

First, for saving a kids life, you were "chewed up and spit out"?

Your bosses inform you are one the most highly trained in EMS in the world? As a basic and from U.S. ? I suggest they are attempting to give kuddos and not being literal. Obviously, as a basic you are not the most higly trained, and as well U.S. basic level or Paramedic is NOT the best in the world! Just compare it with your neighbors of the North of you... (Canada) and see how poorly our system is.

R/r 911

CAMedicJohn

Forum Probie
1 call turnaround..

I know how you feel. I work for a private service and end up taking the Medicare/Medi-Cal hand downs. I was beginning to feel as you were until my turnaround call.

My EMT-B partner and myself were put on backup coverage because all the first out units were on calls. This usually means sitting on post for 30 mins and getting cancelled. While in route to post the 'call' comes out. Unresponsive at the dialysis center. Luck would have it we were half a block away. We arrive on scene to find a Code Blue with everyone standing around. Short story- V-Fib on monitor, converts on 1st shock to brady. IV, Load and go. Atropine during trans. Pt survived and was transferred to Cath Lab/CCU 1 hour later. Both my partner and I were rejuvenated.

We made a difference!!

The 99 BS calls were worth it, just to have the opportunity for the 1 'good' call.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
I figured a ratio of six to one in my 12 year career: Six months of ca-ca calls and one kick-*** never-to-forget, nobody else coulda done it experience!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Some days are going to be good and some days we wish they were better. The question is this; Did you learn something from this call? I am a firm believer of when reviewing the call I like to think along the lines of "what did I do well and what could I have done better" Sometimes feedback from people can not always be the most "ear user friendly"
From what I am reading from your post it sounds like you did well on your pedi call, which in my book are the hardest to run on and deal with afterwards. Hang in there gal, the job does get better! :)

OP
OP
emtgirl_in_training

emtgirl_in_training

Forum Crew Member
Your bosses inform you are one the most highly trained in EMS in the world? As a basic and from U.S. ? I suggest they are attempting to give kuddos and not being literal. Obviously, as a basic you are not the most higly trained, and as well U.S. basic level or Paramedic is NOT the best in the world!
R/r 911

not me. my ems service. we are the busiest, biggest, and most trained in the country. they don't call us NYC's Best for nothing.