FDNYEMS Rant - I'm bored, so I posted this(just being honest)

Mishka

Forum Ride Along
im sorry i couldnt find that quality ems thread myself. If you can link me to it, i'll appreciate it. Thanks. Mike.

OP
OP

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
You'll probably be surprised to find out that they (FDNY) have moved 46Y yet again. They used to be on 108st/Rosie and now they sit on QB/57Av right by Ex H39. Yes, they did close and city lost all those units so 46Y is on old 46X 89. We have gotten a new unit in the west, 46F. In reality its old St. Johns 46G, we even sit on the same spot 57av/99st. Its a fun unit, I love working it (T3 Thu/Fri) No more T1s because of infinite wisdom of FDNY, they moving everyone to 12hr tours now. If you want to send any regards to anyone there, be my guest, i'll be happy to deliver them. Best regards, Mike.

That's what Jim B told me. Hopefully you won't be forced to take an additional interfacility tour if the hours force you to drop one in 911. I recommend Rosa's on 69th st near Grand Ave for pizza.

OP
OP

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
Last edited by a moderator:

Mishka

Forum Ride Along
Oh no actually nowhere close, I get moved tothe city on 99% of my Soysset tours. Rosa's awesome, I eat there every other day. Food is still great, neighborhood is still a lot of fun. In between 46E/F and 39F in Brookldale it's still loads and loads of entertainment. :)

OP
OP

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
If NSLIJ had both a pension and union, I probably never would have even looked elsewhere, let alone moved down south. I still miss working 911 there, and I would look to go back per diem if they didn't require two tours per pay period. It would give me a reason to go back up every so often. For a career I highly, highly recommend a spot with both a pension/union.

BTW, I used to work Flushing per diem, 52X and occasionally 51V/51W when available, being close to home. Hard to get hours there.