fdny emt civil service exam

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
thanks for the info

but where did you hear the information that they are skipping numbers to pick women? I'm pretty sure thats against civil service law.

It is unless a court ordered exception is made. Thankfully such did not occur.

They aren't skipping anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
Would someone be willing to list the list of documents needed for the background investigation? I'm currently away at school and when I come home I want to get everything in order. Thanks for the help

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Yes I am. Just did my psych thic past Saturday and Thursday is my medical and our class starts in June

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I was in the lower list numbers f the physical they did this past Saturday. They did say they were fast tracking paramedics for the June class. I am not sure if they have a separate June class or are with the EMT's

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
When.I went march 30th out of 150 I was told by my investigator that only 40 passed. And they are rushing this list through because they are losing so many people to fire

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
so that means that 110 would have had to pass this past Saturday? I'm sorry guys just a little confused.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Just understand that most info on here is "hear say" at best, lol. When you are testing you only see the people a few in front and few behind so it was hard for me to gauge how well people were doing. All I can tell you directly from the investigator's mouth is that Paramedics were being "fast tracked" into the June class. She almost said something about EMT's but then stopped herself and just said we should expect to get a letter "soon". Have you gotten your physical letter yet?

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
They are rushing this list through and passing women in faster. So the girls who are 500s and 600s took the physical this past Saturday, how do I know? Two of them are my coworkers and passed so! This means all of the men moved upon the list. They are looking to fill ths class up with equal men/women to fill thir quota due to EEO. Expect to either be in June's class (depending on how many people pass the physical) or October. They just lost 700 people to fire so they need to fill the lost spots with us..

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
My list number is 87.. I took the physical with the first 150 people..... Only 40 passed..... So this will be moving quite quickly.... Hopefully.