FDNY EMS Candidates

Codename FENRIS

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys, sorry to bother you. The DCAS list for next year was just released and there's no mention of a new EMT test for this September. If one of you could just ask someone there if there really is no test this year, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, sorry to bother you. The DCAS list for next year was just released and there's no mention of a new EMT test for this September. If one of you could just ask someone there if there really is no test this year, that would be awesome. Thanks.
Didn’t you call recruitment already bro? I know because you commented on a post in reddit, look whatever they told you, go with it and wait till Dcas update the exams for September and see bro, non of us has the connects to find out what is going on exam wise bro, we’re just candidates in the process, the only real person who knows is Brandon mahoon, if you want call recruitment and ask to speak to Brandon if you really want a answer that will make you feel better.

Garble29

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys. I'm sure I'm asking a repeat question here, but does anyone have any idea how many people from #9014 should get called for the February academy? I'm low 400s and really hoping to make that class. Any thoughts on what my chances look like are appreciated.

graycord

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys. I'm sure I'm asking a repeat question here, but does anyone have any idea how many people from #9014 should get called for the February academy? I'm low 400s and really hoping to make that class. Any thoughts on what my chances look like are appreciated.

Rumor has it a bunch of people on the list are pulling themselves out, no showing appts.
I get the feeling they're gonna go deep into that list.

Garble29

Forum Ride Along
Rumor has it a bunch of people on the list are pulling themselves out, no showing appts.
I get the feeling they're gonna go deep into that list.
That's pretty great news to me. I know they've already contacted me previous employers and all that. I finished everything I needed to do for my background. I'm just waiting to get the call for my medical and then psych and then the call.

nywhizz

Forum Ride Along
Hey Guys, I'm on 9014 and got my PAT letter in July to take the PAT in August. I had to postpone as I'm still in the process of rectifying my EMT card. Today I got a letter from CID that stated I had "declined" the position and that I was being taken off the list. Anyone have any experience with this?

taylornd

Forum Ride Along
does anyone know how long it takes to find out if your appeal was granted and to receive a letter? I’m already in the process, completed the PAT and background intake. Had to reschedule my medical a third time (which CID and my investigator told me was fine) then got “proposed disqualified” because I was apparently not allowed to do that. I sent in my appeal 4 days ago.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know if all trainees have been called for September yet?
Only up to 500 got called for September, me being one of them and my list was in the 39x range. The calls went out on August 8 and stopped on 8/13 from what the investigator who called me said but I’m hearing there still calling more people for the job so who knows there’s a month left and the first day of the trainee academy is October 1st.

DhoEMS

Forum Probie
Hey guys, I was disqualified and appealed a while back for Exam 9014. Appeal was accepted and got a letter to complete the PAT in two weeks. Any advice or suggestions? And when do you think the next academy for 9014 will start? Thanks in advance!

Suly 9075

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, I was disqualified and appealed a while back for Exam 9014. Appeal was accepted and got a letter to complete the PAT in two weeks. Any advice or suggestions? And when do you think the next academy for 9014 will start? Thanks in advance!
Depending on your list number, you’ll start in February. As far as the PAT, do the stair master at the gym. Hold 2 20lbs barbells on each hand. Go up the step, for 3:02 also has to be a step per second. Good luck.

Anonymous10

Forum Ride Along
For all my FDNY EMT Trainees Exam #9075 for orientation September 30th, 2019. What is the dress code? I lost my picture they mailed us for the appropriate dress code. If someone can please post the picture, that would be more than helpful. Thank you.

DhoEMS

Forum Probie
Hey guys, so for the PAT, do I have to shave my beard off? I don’t have anything crazy but a regular 1 inch beard all around? I keep it neat, short, and tidy but I have it for religious purposes. Must I shave the beard im order to participate in the PAT? Thanks in advance!

emsfdny

Forum Ride Along
Hii I know this isn’t a response to your question but I was wondering if you can help. I just got my interview date for exam # 9014. I know I have to bring all of my paperwork but can you tell me what comes after that? And what they do for the medical aspect of things? Thanks!