FDNY EMS Candidates

Brooklyn11209

Forum Probie
bought a polisher today super expensive... and all it did was make it a bit darker and a little more shine but it's not possible to get a actual mirror relfection like our dress shoes you would need to oil those shoes in gloss. But damn i forgot to buy dark shorts for the academy i wonder why we cant just use the one they issued to us.
You don’t need dark shorts. They gave you your PT gear.

Treno092

Forum Ride Along
Very confusing but i was told short sleeve, didnt hear anything about the jacket but i will bring that anyway. Anybody else hear short?

Excited

Forum Ride Along
Very confusing but i was told short sleeve, didnt hear anything about the jacket but i will bring that anyway. Anybody else hear short?
Ya I heard short and bringing the jacket in my black duffel just in case. Just want to confirm work boots polished not the shine dress shoes

EMTGUY5

Forum Ride Along
Cap (no cap device)
Light blue short sleeve shirt (no collar pins)
White crew neck undershirt
Tie w/ tie clip
Work pants
Smooth belt
Work boots
Black mid-calf socks
Wristwatch
Credentials (EMT card, driver's license)
Notebook, black pens
Black duffel bag
Windbreaker just in case
lunch

Think i got everything, see you guys tomorrow!!

Vman18

Forum Ride Along
What happens if you have jury duty during academy? Is your graduation postponed? What’s the procedure regarding getting called up for jury duty mid academy?

If someone has a handbook for fdny ems rules and regulations and can provide any info it would be greatly appreciated!