FDNY EMS Candidates

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
The letter that came with the job offer and the sheet given to us at uniforms had some different information regarding the uniform for Monday.

However, my understanding is that we wear the following:
Cap, no cap device;
Light blue short sleeve shirt, no collar brass;
Tie, with tie clip;
Work pants, with smooth belt;
Work boots;
White crew neck undershirt, and black socks.

This is what one of the drill instructors verbally told me. Is this what you guys were told?
According to the paper we need a BI jacket which i assume its the bulky jacket with your last name on it, it also says to bring your black duffle bag that you can buy at the quater master, as we will be getting a lot of hand outs, I plan on putting my bi jacket in their if it's not needed better to be overprepared than under. And it is the shiny shoes not the boots, I belive cause i remmeber the DI said she wants to see her face on my shoes and that it has to be shiny

LayingLow31

Forum Ride Along
According to the paper we need a BI jacket which i assume its the bulky jacket with your last name on it, it also says to bring your black duffle bag that you can buy at the quater master, as we will be getting a lot of hand outs, I plan on putting my bi jacket in their if it's not needed better to be overprepared than under. And it is the shiny shoes not the boots, I belive cause i remmeber the DI said she wants to see her face on my shoes and that it has to be shiny
Bringing the jack with us is a good idea. I know it says shiny shoes on the sheet but this is not what the DI verbally told me. I think we have to shine the boots, since we can't really polish those boots. Theyre that shiny material already. Anyone else want to share their thoughts?

LayingLow31

Forum Ride Along
Bringing the jack with us is a good idea. I know it says shiny shoes on the sheet but this is not what the DI verbally told me. I think we have to shine the boots, since we can't really polish those boots. Theyre that shiny material already. Anyone else want to share their thoughts?
Correction: on both the letter we were sent in the mail and the sheet the DI gave us, it says boots. The sheet the DI gave us says, "Work boots- polished daily."

Watson9324

Forum Probie
If you look on the sheet we got in the mail prior to HR stating all the documents we need to bring. It says what to wear for orientation the BI jacket with our names embroidered on it is very heavy and it doesn’t say we need to wear it.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
Did she make you look at the manikin it has those shiny shoes but dull looking . But on the paper doesn’t it say the shiny one ?

Brooklyn11209

Forum Probie
It’s your work boots polished. The shiny shoes are for funerals and graduation. All your work pants should have the same tag on pants. You should have one pair of pants with a different tag. That’s your dress pants. DO NOT wear them Monday!!!!

FDNY 8009

Forum Crew Member
And does that actually give those boots a reflection or just make it look clean because the shoe is mat
It’s possible to make those boots shiny as hell it all depends on what u use. Do urself a favor and SHINE those boots to the best of ur ability every single day

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
You need the reflection!!!
bought a polisher today super expensive... and all it did was make it a bit darker and a little more shine but it's not possible to get a actual mirror relfection like our dress shoes you would need to oil those shoes in gloss. But damn i forgot to buy dark shorts for the academy i wonder why we cant just use the one they issued to us.