FDNY EMS Candidates

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
June academy is full from what the hr lady who does the ems hire just told me, but in case someone drops out or defers then they’ll start calling but as of right now June academy is full

emtee

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone. I'm 5x for 9014 and haven't gotten a call for the June academy. I went through the first round of pat/background/medical with the first group of people from 9014, and we were told that we were processing fast for the June academy. So far, on these forums and reddit, I see that nobody from 9014 has been called yet. I also heard a rumor that the June class Is officially full.
Same here - I'm 4x

EMTGUY5

Forum Ride Along
Hey Guys,
For those that would know, what time do we need to arrive for the afternoon academy? I know it says 3pm start, but i'm guessing we should get there 230/2pm, maybe earlier?

Thanks.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
Hey Guys,
For those that would know, what time do we need to arrive for the afternoon academy? I know it says 3pm start, but i'm guessing we should get there 230/2pm, maybe earlier?

Thanks.
Dont arrive at 3:eek:o Pm thats all i know get their by 2:30 should be fine.

FDNY 8009

Forum Crew Member
Hey Guys,

Thanks.
Everyone from Bravo during the academy would get there at like 1-2 oclock the latest. They would have to be lined up for roll call before 3 oclock

ryan21

Forum Ride Along
Hi, wondering if anyone has appeal information? I applied for 9014 and was denied. I filed an appeal with dcas in February. Has anyone filed and does anyone know generally how long it takes?
Thanks

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
I got my uniform today i was wondering if anyone knew what the BI jacket (windbreaker) is I'm assuming that's the long sleeve coat with our last name on it. We have to bring that for monday but damn it's going to be hot.

Future Fireman

Forum Ride Along
I didn't get the BI jacket with my name on it I think they kept it, do you have a jacket with a name on yours ???
I got my uniform today i was wondering if anyone knew what the BI jacket (windbreaker) is I'm assuming that's the long sleeve coat with our last name on it. We have to bring that for monday but damn it's going to be hot.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
I didn't get the BI jacket with my name on it I think they kept it, do you have a jacket with a name on yours ???
Yes you should've gotten a jacket that says your last name on the right and it says fdny on the left i believe but i can confirm i do have mine so i believe this what the BI jacket is, looks like you'll be making us do push-ups on Monday haha! but i can be wrong if this is the Bi jacket looks to hot to be wearing this to orientation.

Last edited:

LayingLow31

Forum Ride Along
Hey, everyone in the June class. I went in for uniform this week. I was going through the sign out list at home making sure I had all my gear ready for next week. Now, I'm kind of concerned. I have everything but the pieces of uniform that were in the white garbage bag. I now remember seeing this on the desk as I left.

Is this correct? Did they take our navy blue uniform shirts and the jobshirt for embroidery? Or did I mess up big time? Do you guys have your dark blue uniform shirts, jobshirt ("sweater"), and navy blue polos? Please let me know.

I am sorry in advance if I get us all smoked for this. I can't believe I did this, assuming that I am in the wrong.

JosephTent

Forum Crew Member
Hey, everyone in the June class. I went in for uniform this week. I was going through the sign out list at home making sure I had all my gear ready for next week. Now, I'm kind of concerned. I have everything but the pieces of uniform that were in the white garbage bag. I now remember seeing this on the desk as I left.

Is this correct? Did they take our navy blue uniform shirts and the jobshirt for embroidery? Or did I mess up big time? Do you guys have your dark blue uniform shirts, jobshirt ("sweater"), and navy blue polos? Please let me know.

I am sorry in advance if I get us all smoked for this. I can't believe I did this, assuming that I am in the wrong.

You’re good. They take it to be embroided.

Excited

Forum Ride Along
Just checking that we wear the black work boots for Monday not the shiny black shoes?
And we are wearing the short sleeve light blue shirt?

LayingLow31

Forum Ride Along
The letter that came with the job offer and the sheet given to us at uniforms had some different information regarding the uniform for Monday.

However, my understanding is that we wear the following:
Cap, no cap device;
Light blue short sleeve shirt, no collar brass;
Tie, with tie clip;
Work pants, with smooth belt;
Work boots;
White crew neck undershirt, and black socks.

This is what one of the drill instructors verbally told me. Is this what you guys were told?