FDNY EMS Candidates

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
You can either bother the supervisor of the CID and ask her what’s going on and why are you being skipped over if you have no issues with your background and if you complied and did everything that’s asked of you; sometimes you gotta hassle them like the telemarketers to get what you want unfortunately; this is what I would do, really there’s no official way to go about this if you already hit up your investigator and she’s a no show or don’t give you the answers you need, I find it odd they skipped over you and as you can see above there are candidates from the new emt exam from the top list numbers that are completing there medical and psych for June, but I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you’ll get the answer you deserve.
How do you speak with the supervisor of the investigator

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I have taken my medical and psychological and pat, met my investigator but after that if I don’t call she never does whenever I do call I get a new little assignment to do mostly just writing statements. Two weeks ago she returned my call saying that I MIGHT need a statement what I did after my last employment and said she would call me if I needed it, the thing is I hear people from the next exam 9014 I think it is are already getting put into this June

It means there IS an issue. You aren’t registering it. Those “extra assignments “ are her trying to get clarification. Others timelines aren’t your timeline. You won’t make it faster by complaining.

They are doing their job. You have a problem in your background.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
It means there IS an issue. You aren’t registering it. Those “extra assignments “ are her trying to get clarification. Others timelines aren’t your timeline. You won’t make it faster by complaining.

They are doing their job. You have a problem in your background.
Yea true but people get called from their investigators I feel like I’m bugging the crap out of her asking if I need anything else. It’s just statements of when I left my job what I did after.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Yea true but people get called from their investigators I feel like I’m bugging the crap out of her asking if I need anything else. It’s just statements of when I left my job what I did after.
He also makes a good point with that statement also cause when I did my process for FD my investigator never called me once, he emailed me a couple of times one of which to tell me he cleared me, you can’t expect every investigator to treat you the same as every other candidates either, I had some tickets I had to disclose and one job and did everything he asked and my background was cleared within a couple of weeks and my file was passed onto the hire ups for the final ok, in regards to my last statement to you, I don’t have the head supervisors number but Forget my last statement, go with what this guy said, and just wait it out cause if they wanted you on the job you would’ve been cleared and hired already, all you can do Is leave it up to them. Good luck

Last edited:

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
He also makes a good point with that statement also cause when I did my process for FD my investigator never called me once, he emailed me a couple of times one of which to tell me he cleared me, you can’t expect every investigator to treat you the same as every other candidates either, I had some tickets I had to disclose and one job and did everything he asked and my background was cleared within a couple of weeks and my file was passed onto the hire ups for the final ok, in regards to my last statement to you, I don’t have the head supervisors number but Forget my last statement, go with what this guy said, and just wait it out cause if they wanted you on the job you would’ve been cleared and hired already, all you can do Is leave it up to them. Good luck
Yea absolutelty right I'm going to give a call every week or two to see if i need more paperwork.

Watson9324

Forum Probie
Yea absolutelty right I'm going to give a call every week or two to see if i need more paperwork.
It’s only May right now just wait it out and coming to the end of May to the beginning of June start calling your investigator. These investigators are very nasty and very tough but in the end it’ll all be worth it. Don’t bother then too much cause I hear they’ll flag you and mess around with your application.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
It’s only May right now just wait it out and coming to the end of May to the beginning of June start calling your investigator. These investigators are very nasty and very tough but in the end it’ll all be worth it. Don’t bother then too much cause I hear they’ll flag you and mess around with your application.
Thanks for the advice man and to everyone greatly appreciated !

Chen

Forum Ride Along
Does any know how many people fdny going to call for this year June? my list number is after 880s. I postponed my process for 4monthes. Now just done with med and psy. Do you guys think I will be consider for this June if I'm qualified? Or are they going to call me for the June academy? Also the academy starts June 10th, when is the first meeting, for example take photo for ID etc?

Chen

Forum Ride Along
after you done with fdny training and graduated. Do you get to choose where or which station you like to work for or you are assigned to the specific staton by the supervisor/department ?

FDNY 8009

Forum Crew Member
after you done with fdny training and graduated. Do you get to choose where or which station you like to work for or you are assigned to the specific staton by the supervisor/department ?
They give you a "dream sheet" to fill out and u can choose which division (borough) u would like to work in u rank it from 1-6 but just cause u put Staten Island (for example) as ur number 1 choice doesn't mean ur getting it (actually if u want Staten Island don't even bother putting it cause they tell u that u will 100% not be getting it lol) everyone will most likely be sent to the Bronx. U go where ever u r needed basically so no u don't really have a choice lol

Chen

Forum Ride Along
They give you a "dream sheet" to fill out and u can choose which division (borough) u would like to work in u rank it from 1-6 but just cause u put Staten Island (for example) as ur number 1 choice doesn't mean ur getting it (actually if u want Staten Island don't even bother putting it cause they tell u that u will 100% not be getting it lol) everyone will most likely be sent to the Bronx. U go where ever u r needed basically so no u don't really have a choice lol
Thanks, also, are they going to notify you via email, letter or phone call if they selected you for upcoming academy?

almack

Forum Probie
Just to update everyone. List #3xx from 9014 . Got my investigation letter on Friday . Its at the end of this month.

Trucker18

Forum Ride Along
Hey all new to the forum My list number is in the 200’s from exam 9014 have my investigation next week any small chance of making it into the june Academy? My emt card expires end of December Of 2019 if i dont get in by then will they still take me if my card expires? Good luck everyone!

Chen

Forum Ride Along
Anyone got call from fdny for June academy?

My investigator told me calls go out approximately 2-3 weeks before academy starts.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Exam 9075 for trainee list 39x got my PAT June 1st, good luck to all the candidates out there.. waiting for September 30th academy lets get it guys !