FDNY EMS Candidates

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
So based from what I absorbed from the PAT on Saturday -September is a Trainee only class. Very few from 9014 will make it into June and most will be in the February 2020 class.
Thanks for the update bro, I’m a trainee in the 390’s hoping to make September so let’s see if not February when they cut the class half trainee and emt

Watson9324

Forum Probie
A lot of people I talk to in the academy right now say that a lot of the instructors say that the next class in June will consist of 200 people, because they are loosing a lot of people to FD suppression again.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
A lot of people I talk to in the academy right now say that a lot of the instructors say that the next class in June will consist of 200 people, because they are loosing a lot of people to FD suppression again.
So then next class of June 2020 will consist of 200 people? Yeah I’m not surprised, a lot of people are leaving to the fire side

Watson9324

Forum Probie
So then next class of June 2020 will consist of 200 people? Yeah I’m not surprised, a lot of people are leaving to the fire side
It can be a rumor but considering they lost 30% of ems to FD suppression. And even more from this past Suppression exam. It’s a big hit if anyone works any private hospital 911 can vouch for me and also ask “where are the fire units?” when responding to jobs. So this next class will probably take 200 class mates.

almack

Forum Probie
anyone gone through the grade appeal process? i missed out on 10 extra points on 9014- filed an appeal a month ago and haven't seen any change yet.

Watson9324

Forum Probie
anyone gone through the grade appeal process? i missed out on 10 extra points on 9014- filed an appeal a month ago and haven't seen any change yet.
I filed for an appeal and they didn’t get back to me till a couple of months later. Trust me it’s going to take a while. And to talk to someone about your appeal status its like pulling teeth. The best thing to do is just wait and you will receive something in the mail from DCAS.

almack

Forum Probie
I filed for an appeal and they didn’t get back to me till a couple of months later. Trust me it’s going to take a while. And to talk to someone about your appeal status its like pulling teeth. The best thing to do is just wait and you will receive something in the mail from DCAS.
that sucks. so I guess I should just give up hope for the June academy .

taylornd

Forum Ride Along
anyone from 9014 receiving letters for investigation ? medical ? please post your list # ( not full obv)
list #1** I took the PAT 4/20 and am still waiting on a letter for the background investigation. hoping for the June academy but they’d really have to push people through this process quick

EMTGUY5

Forum Ride Along
anyone from 9014 receiving letters for investigation ? medical ? please post your list # ( not full obv)
Exam 9014
List #3*
PAT 4/13
Intake 4/29
Medical/Psych 5/3

They are moving pretty quick. I just have to hand in a couple miscellaneous documents to my investigator this week and i'm all set. Then just wait and hope for June

taylornd

Forum Ride Along
Exam 9014
List #3*
PAT 4/13
Intake 4/29
Medical/Psych 5/3

They are moving pretty quick. I just have to hand in a couple miscellaneous documents to my investigator this week and i'm all set. Then just wait and hope for June
Exam 9014
List #3*
PAT 4/13
Intake 4/29
Medical/Psych 5/3

Do you think people who passed the PAT on the 20th have a shot at June?

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
I'm still on exam 8009 list 7** i got no call from my investigator after my invterview i've been calling her and each time i get something else to do. idk what the hold up is people from the latest exam are getting called, i have no arrests or tickets so idk i'm stuck

Watson9324

Forum Probie
I'm still on exam 8009 list 7** i got no call from my investigator after my invterview i've been calling her and each time i get something else to do. idk what the hold up is people from the latest exam are getting called, i have no arrests or tickets so idk i'm stuck
That’s very strange are you missing anything?? You should’ve got called for your medical at least.

Zeno3399

Forum Crew Member
That’s very strange are you missing anything?? You should’ve got called for your medical at least.
I have taken my medical and psychological and pat, met my investigator but after that if I don’t call she never does whenever I do call I get a new little assignment to do mostly just writing statements. Two weeks ago she returned my call saying that I MIGHT need a statement what I did after my last employment and said she would call me if I needed it, the thing is I hear people from the next exam 9014 I think it is are already getting put into this June

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
I have taken my medical and psychological and pat, met my investigator but after that if I don’t call she never does whenever I do call I get a new little assignment to do mostly just writing statements. Two weeks ago she returned my call saying that I MIGHT need a statement what I did after my last employment and said she would call me if I needed it, the thing is I hear people from the next exam 9014 I think it is are already getting put into this June
You can either bother the supervisor of the CID and ask her what’s going on and why are you being skipped over if you have no issues with your background and if you complied and did everything that’s asked of you; sometimes you gotta hassle them like the telemarketers to get what you want unfortunately; this is what I would do, really there’s no official way to go about this if you already hit up your investigator and she’s a no show or don’t give you the answers you need, I find it odd they skipped over you and as you can see above there are candidates from the new emt exam from the top list numbers that are completing there medical and psych for June, but I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you’ll get the answer you deserve.