FDNY EMS Candidates

SandpitMedic

Crowd pleaser
Lots of work to get a job where the mayor treats you like ****.
Is there not a better department to work for in the area, or are you guys just looking to lateral to suppression?

AspiringFDNYEMT

Forum Crew Member
Question For veteran EMT’s one in the fdny or certified in NY as an EMT are there any programs/trainings that you can participate in just to sharpen up your skills learn EMT a bit more and get more training to better yourselve as an EMT? Any info is truly appreciated

Future Fireman

Forum Ride Along
Lots of work to get a job where the mayor treats you like ****.
Is there not a better department to work for in the area, or are you guys just looking to lateral to suppression?
lateral to Fireman but work ems on the side, sadly its a vast pay difference from ems to fire, especially concerning the fact that Ems are overworked and underpaid

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
I called recruitment and there telling me 1,111 people from the 9075 trainee exam got dq for not filling out there paper work properly ? Lol did anyone get any notices in the mail also the guy in charge of recruitment said DCAS is done grading the exams so just be ready

Last edited:

mcgold910

Forum Probie
I called recruitment and there telling me 1,111 people from the 9075 trainee exam got dq for not filling out there paper work properly ? Lol did anyone get any notices in the mail also the guy in charge of recruitment said DCAS is done grading the exams so just be ready
Good information brother, appreciate that... thats a lot of people disqualified almost half the list... i got no information saying i was disqualified but really appreciate the update good luck

DhoEMS

Forum Probie
they said I got disqualified through mail. But I sent in an appeal in person and hoping they accept it. I'm not sure why they disqualified me 😔

DhoEMS

Forum Probie
Sorry to hear, wish you the best and hope it works out with the appeal. did you get that in the mail today?
Thanks brother! And no, I actually got it like two and a half or three weeks ago. I appealed approximately three days after. I hope we all get a list number soon!

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Good information brother, appreciate that... thats a lot of people disqualified almost half the list... i got no information saying i was disqualified but really appreciate the update good luck
Anytime brother and yeah I’m happy about this, just make sure your staying fit bro you’ll be good and yeah your good then, we just gotta wait to get our list numbers from DCAS which should be end of this month hopefully or beginning of April fingers crossed ! And the reason why so many people got DQ was they didn’t fill out the test properly like some didn’t put in what high school they graduated from or if they graduated at all or some didn’t put down there job experiences lol it makes no sense why people could do something this stupid but ok anyways yeah man best news I heard all week besides me getting two interviews for positions at FD lol so I gotta make a decision but I’ll keep you guys posted

Last edited:

nywhizz

Forum Ride Along
I got #7xx for 9014. I know it’ll be a while but when can I expect to get called for PAT?

Last edited:

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Got an email that I got reassigned an investigator. Is this normal ?
I was a candidate on the PD side before going to fire, usually if our background checks take too long and the original investigator that we had got switched out or is taking longer to clear the file it’s not a good thing, now take what I said with a grain of salt and see what happens man good luck