FDNY EMS Candidates

Suly 9075

Forum Crew Member
Just in case anyone is interested in the EMS PAT prep FDNY is offering it.

Suly 9075

Forum Crew Member
When is it ? The email says around feburuay but I already have a 40 lb vest and a stair master which is all I need but i might do the prep for fun
Doesn’t exactly say just says they will have the prep by 2019 any questions call. I would call Monday and find out when we’er able to do the prep. It’s good to be prepared. I would like to do the prep as well.

Attachments

• 029AD6A5-8731-460C-8DCD-BE24763FCD82.png
    029AD6A5-8731-460C-8DCD-BE24763FCD82.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 567

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Doesn’t exactly say just says they will have the prep by 2019 any questions call. I would call Monday and find out when we’er able to do the prep. It’s good to be prepared. I would like to do the prep as well.
That’s fine brother I don’t mind training for fhe PAT, I feel like I’m ready for it but I wanna go for the stairmill test, that’s where people fail the most, like I said I already have a 40lb vest and I use it and copy the same time they give us on the real PAT at my gyms stair master but keep me posted bro on when they’ll release the practice

Suly 9075

Forum Crew Member
That’s fine brother I don’t mind training for fhe PAT, I feel like I’m ready for it but I wanna go for the stairmill test, that’s where people fail the most, like I said I already have a 40lb vest and I use it and copy the same time they give us on the real PAT at my gyms stair master but keep me posted bro on when they’ll release the practice
Sure thing! That’s awesome you have the vest! Your ready to go... I’ll keep you posted.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Sure thing! That’s awesome you have the vest! Your ready to go... I’ll keep you posted.
I want to be on the job and always ready, I don’t wanna be held back from being hired from this job cause of a physical or height and weight issues lol im
Attacking all of this now. And yeah keep me posted I’ll keep you posted bro

Beastkid100

Forum Ride Along
How’s everyone doing in the academy? Can you guys tell us the most difficult thing youve encounter so far?
The academy is going good so far. 2 weeks in, lots of strict rules that they’ll explain to you and you’re expected to follow every last one or else everyone gets in trouble. Lots of pushups. I would advise anyone to practice doing them and also develop a strong core because you will be holding in a plank position in between each one.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
to any past candidates that applied for the emt exam back in September exactly how long did it take for you guys to get your list number? was it end of march - April ? also any one heard anything back from Recruitment as regards to the Practice PAT?

mcgold910

Forum Probie
to any past candidates that applied for the emt exam back in September exactly how long did it take for you guys to get your list number? was it end of march - April ? also any one heard anything back from Recruitment as regards to the Practice PAT?
I just recieved an update on the PAT i got an email just now saying we have to fill out medical clearance and a release form

Suly 9075

Forum Crew Member
I called Regarding the PAT Prep. They advised me that they haven’t done the announcements yet, in other news I’ve received an emaI from FDNY with medical forms to be filled out in order to take the PAT.

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
I called Regarding the PAT Prep. They advised me that they haven’t done the announcements yet, in other news I’ve received an emaI from FDNY with medical forms to be filled out in order to take the PAT.
Yes they did give the PAT practice email notifications out that’s what the medical forms are for butttt lol my training has High intensity cardio with pushups and planks and everything else added too so I’m not worried, I’m hoping DCAS gives us our list numbers by april

Attachments

• AFF3373E-843D-43E1-B7EC-39EFB5EBC9F9.png
    AFF3373E-843D-43E1-B7EC-39EFB5EBC9F9.png
    1 MB · Views: 601

mcgold910

Forum Probie
Yes they did give the PAT practice email notifications out that’s what the medical forms are for butttt lol my training has High intensity cardio with pushups and planks and everything else added too so I’m not worried, I’m hoping DCAS gives us our list numbers by april
Oh yeah the PAT does not worry me one bit... its gonna be a walk in the park lol

Andynyc1

Forum Crew Member
Lmaooo same bro I’m not worried about the PAT at all, just waiting for it to come so i can get it over with and then I can do my weigh in at the medical and get that outta the way cause I know that is what holds people back and I’m dropping a lot of weight just to meet the height and weight requirement