FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
People who just went through the academy, any things to bring to during the duration of the academy that aren't on the list they provided that would be helpfull to have?

Only wedding rings are allowed...Nose rings, gold chains ( regardless if it is a crucifix ) Ear Gage are not allowed in the academy. regardless on how small.

First day of the Academy is usually the Long sleeve dress light blue shirt or what ever sleeve length you are told, work pants Tie and tie clip. Smooth belt, work boots and cover with ID clipped onto pocket/
And the black duffle bag that you purchase at Quarter Master you must bring, Notebook pencils and pens Lunch if you are bringing it from home.
PPE (Red Bag which then stays in your locker).

Orientation day (Metro Tech)
DO NOT PUT COLLAR INSIGNIAS NOR COVER SHIELD (you have not earned that yet)
Long sleeve dress light blue shirt, work pants Tie and tie clip, belt, work boots and cover with ID clipped onto pocket.
The black duffle bag that you purchase at Quarter Master you must bring, Notebook pencils and pens.
Long day but try and stay awake.
You don't bring the Red Bag with you to Orientation at Metro tech,
You bring it with you on the first day at Fort Totten and it stays there until instructed.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Only wedding rings are allowed...Nose rings, gold chains ( regardless if it is a crucifix ) Ear Gage are not allowed in the academy. regardless on how small.

First day of the Academy is usually the Long sleeve dress light blue shirt or what ever sleeve length you are told, work pants Tie and tie clip. Smooth belt, work boots and cover with ID clipped onto pocket/
And the black duffle bag that you purchase at Quarter Master you must bring, Notebook pencils and pens Lunch if you are bringing it from home.
PPE (Red Bag which then stays in your locker).

Orientation day (Metro Tech)
DO NOT PUT COLLAR INSIGNIAS NOR COVER SHIELD (you have not earned that yet)
Long sleeve dress light blue shirt, work pants Tie and tie clip, belt, work boots and cover with ID clipped onto pocket.
The black duffle bag that you purchase at Quarter Master you must bring, Notebook pencils and pens.
Long day but try and stay awake.
You don't bring the Red Bag with you to Orientation at Metro tech,
You bring it with you on the first day at Fort Totten and it stays there until instructed.

If I remember correctly we wore short sleeves at orientation, but long sleeves went into affect (according to ops guide) on oct 1st so could be different. We only wore our long sleeves as part of “modified” class a.

It’s def worth it to invest in an extra belt, tie, tie clip, cover, and watch. Dk about the cover but everything else was just a couple of dollars.

After every day take tie w/clip, id, and watch, put inside your cover and leave in the car.

Lastly pay attention and listen, don’t be the guy that ask the same question they just answered 2min before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory

Forum Crew Member
Thank you fellas for the extra info!

Rory

Forum Crew Member
I'm not one to say but I would assume so. What are your list numbers or are you eligible

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
as per the beneficiary form, would anyone know what to place for the employee reference number

Leave it blank for now and ask when you go to turn it in what they want you to put there. You will get your reference number in the academy.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
I'm guessing they're done calling for the October class:(

They could make calls up to the day before orientation, the class could already be full or they could be waiting to hear back from people they have called.

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
Every single day.

Negative it must’ve changed since you’ve been in the academy, it was a couple of times a week the first few weeks then you do it every day you do ops, and then a few others random days mixed in

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Negative it must’ve changed since you’ve been in the academy, it was a couple of times a week the first few weeks then you do it every day you do ops, and then a few others random days mixed in

Then it indeed it changed. When i went to the academy we had that $hit every single day haha. You guys lucked out !

@Patel92 you can better ask Orlando here, I think he was here more recently.

Good luck gentlemen

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
PT includes but is not limited to running, push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and a couple of different exercises w/ 10lb weights. Basically whatever they decide they want to make you do that day

And have your PT gear with you in your car or locker everyday since schedules can change last minute

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
PT includes but is not limited to running, push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, and a couple of different exercises w/ 10lb weights. Basically whatever they decide they want to make you do that day

And have your PT gear with you in your car or locker everyday since schedules can change last minute
What's are the requirements for running, push up, and sit ups?
Like how many do you have to be able to do?