FDNY EMS Candidates

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
There one class two tours, for a total of 150-180 combined. After just finishing it doesn't seem possible for academy to handle more than 180 at the moment with all the construction going on.

And please stop asking the same questions bc you're too lazy to scroll back a few pages, people that know the answers will just stop checking this to help. Also try doing a quick google search first before asking here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
I spoke to my investigator the other day and she said my file is being looked at and I have a shot at making this class and I'm list # 57X on exam 7000

Do yourself a favor and don't get excited and not bursting your bubble because I remember how it felt. Investigators usually say that and you can go back quite a few pages and see. They say it to calm people down. Just sit tight.
and I was talking to a few here at the academy and not a big class for October.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Congrats to the Graduating Class today. Be good listen to your mentors. follow the rules, learn, respect your mentor for you will learn alot.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
i know we kind of talked about this before a couple pages back, but does anyone know for sure what an outstanding cert means? Curious because i am one

EVERYONE READ !!!!!

POSTED THIS QUITE A FEW PAGES AGO SO PASS IT ALONG.

"Not on an Outstanding Certification means: You are now found eligible for hiring when your list number is reached.

"Outstanding Certification means: Your credentials and qualifications are under review to deem you eligible for hiring.

GOOD LUCK

Emscan321

Forum Probie
Do yourself a favor and don't get excited and not bursting your bubble because I remember how it felt. Investigators usually say that and you can go back quite a few pages and see. They say it to calm people down. Just sit tight.
and I was talking to a few here at the academy and not a big class for October.

Honestly I'm not really expecting a call I'm just going off what she said lol.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Hey guys, called DCAS today and list 7000 is up to 301 for eligibility but am still on a outstanding certification. Should I be worried or am I misunderstanding the meaning of outstanding in DCAS terminology. List number is 5*, anyone around that list number on a outstanding cert as well, or are you guys not on a outstanding cert?

"Not on an Outstanding Certification means: You are now found eligible for hiring when your list number is reached.

"Outstanding Certification means: Your credentials and qualifications are under review to deem you eligible for hiring.

So when you see that your number was passed over this is usually the reason why.

GOOD LUCK

Last edited:

Ericmark

Forum Probie
EVERYONE READ !!!!!

POSTED THIS QUITE A FEW PAGES AGO SO PASS IT ALONG.

GOOD LUCK
How do you find out what you are?

Patel92

Forum Crew Member
By any chance, if you had to lose weight and you put it back on during the wait, would they penalize you or jeopardize your spot in the academy?

BoSoxNYC

Forum Probie
By any chance, if you had to lose weight and you put it back on during the wait, would they penalize you or jeopardize your spot in the academy?
Once you pass the medical you are fine regarding weight. Although if you are not very fit, I would advise changing your diet and starting to exercise asap. I know some people had to lose weight because they were very muscular but if that's not the case do yourself a HUGE favor and start working on your fitness now. You'll actually enjoy the PT if you're in decent shape. Good luck to everyone starting in two weeks! It's quite a ride.

SpaceEMT

Forum Ride Along
Anyone have advice on how to get ready for the academy.

How many miles or push ups are we expected to do

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
There's not a chance that there are two different classes going on at once. There's a medic basic class in already. Just be patient. There's always gonna be a need for more people. We are about to get crushed with the fire transfers starting in two months.

Rory

Forum Crew Member
People who just went through the academy, any things to bring to during the duration of the academy that aren't on the list they provided that would be helpfull to have?

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
People who just went through the academy, any things to bring to during the duration of the academy that aren't on the list they provided that would be helpfull to have?

Be kind to your fellow classmates and staff, don't be the smelly kid. There's no such thing as too much deodorant. Bring a water bottle. Don't eat or drink anything from sluggo.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Repost from my from awhile back

What to expect from your fittings at The Quarter Master.

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt ([the one where you zip up from the chest up])
1 BI Jacket
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners]) (You get yours with your name on it, at the end of the academy)
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
1 FDNY red PT sweat pant
1 FDNY red sweat shirt
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest (which you receive at the end of the academy)

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want. This is for carrying your books and supplies and YOU WILL NEED IT

I believe that is EVERYTHING I may be missing 1 or two items, but I am not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLD, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING ! )

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( don't smell like ****, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

You may want to have the squad leader to buy a cover, because people WILL forget to wear it. There are 15 people in a squad and if everyone chipped in 3 or 4 $, then that will be more than enough for extra stuff. I do not know how squad leaders are chosen, so don't even ask me that, haha.

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you don't forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)
AND RESPECT EVERYONE (It will save your *** and it is only right that you do so)
NO PHONES

Pretty sure this is all for now. Any questions. leave them here.

Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!