FDNY EMS Candidates

njp5178

Forum Probie
For those of you asking about my process..

Applied September 2015

Got my list #97x for exam 6003 march of 2016

PAT September 2016 (after being disqualified for not attending prior date in June because notice was mailed to previous address)

Intake interview October 2016

Medical December 2016

Psych early 2017

June academy

Cmushlit

Forum Probie
Can anybody from the academy give an idea on the pt? Specifically the lengths of the runs but a general overview as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
about when did you finish all requirements CPAT, medical, interview, psych? Also Congrats !!

Thanks

Mine was the same as njp except was at June PAT, and medical and psych were reversed. Last step being medical in January or February

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
ATTN: to all those going in

Depends on how well stocked Quarter Master is, somethings are usually on B/O

What to expect from your fittings at The Quarter Master.

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt ([the one where you zip up from the chest up])
1 BI Jacket (The short jacket with removable lining)
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners]) (You get yours with your name on it, at the end of the academy)
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
1 FDNY red PT sweat pant
1 FDNY red sweat shirt
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest (which you receive at the end of the academy)

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want. This is for carrying your books and supplies and YOU WILL NEED IT

I believe that is EVERYTHING I may be missing 1 or two items, but I am not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLD, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag (PPE) in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING ! )

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( don't smell like $hit, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you don't forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)
AND RESPECT EVERYONE (It will save your *** and it is only right that you do so)
NO PHONES

Again I might be missing something here or there, but pretty much it.
Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
They don't call in exact order. It hops around a bit. If you were skipped just sit tight, no need to worry. There's plenty of time for calls still.
Is it possible for the academy to start and he still doesn't get called? Even if all his paperwork is in order and everything? Has that ever happened before?

Cdawg06

Forum Crew Member
ATTN: to all those going in

Depends on how well stocked Quarter Master is, somethings are usually on B/O

What to expect from your fittings at The Quarter Master.

5 Dark blue button up shirts
6 black polos (1 you bring home for rotations)

2 light blue shirts ( short sleeved )
1 light blue shirt ( long sleeved )
5 black work pants
1 Pair of Duty boots
1 Class A Pants
1 Class A Jacket
1 Rain Coat
1 Work Sweatshirt ([the one where you zip up from the chest up])
1 BI Jacket (The short jacket with removable lining)
Duty Boots
Class A boots
Bunker Gear (pants & Jacket [both loaners]) (You get yours with your name on it, at the end of the academy)
Helmet
Work Gloves
Red Bag to put your bunker gear, helmet and work gloves in
Tie
Tie Clip
Cover (hat)
2 collar brass
1 cover shield
3 FDNY PT Shirts
2 FDNY PT Shorts
1 FDNY red PT sweat pant
1 FDNY red sweat shirt
White gloves (part of class A)
2 Belts. Smooth one is to be worn as part of your uniform. The other one is your duty belt so you can put your buff **** on it and wear it over your uniform belt in the field.
Bullet resistant vest (which you receive at the end of the academy)

Duffel bag is available for purchase, you are required to have a black duffel bag with nothing on it (no nike check, under armour logo, NOTHING). It costs about 35$ AT quartermasters to purchase if you want. This is for carrying your books and supplies and YOU WILL NEED IT

I believe that is EVERYTHING I may be missing 1 or two items, but I am not 100% sure.
Everything that is BOLD, ITALICIZED, AND UNDERLINED are things that you leave with them at quartermaster so that they can put your names into it for the end of the academy. Everything else, you bring home.

For your locker, i suggest you bring extra change of clothes, just in case anything happens.

Leave your red bag (PPE) in your locker with the bunker pants, bunker jacket, work gloves. ( PUT YOUR NAME ON EVERYTHING ! )

If you need to shave a lot, then leave a set of razors and shaving cream in your locker. (i always did it before i got to work anyway, but you can look after your buddies in case they forget or they need to shave).

Leave deodorant in your locker ( don't smell like $hit, people will hate you, lol.)
Make sure you bring your pt shirts and shorts home after pt days and wash them, PLEASE!

If you can afford to leave your running shoes in your locker, do so. so that you wont forget.

My advice so that you don't forget anything at home when the academy starts, is to leave your stuff in your car. Put your tie and tie clip into your cover and leave it in your car.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR CREDENTIALS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES (DRIVERS LICENSE, DEPARTMENT ID, AND EMT CARD)
AND RESPECT EVERYONE (It will save your *** and it is only right that you do so)
NO PHONES

Again I might be missing something here or there, but pretty much it.
Congrats to all who got in, and Good Luck!
Thanks

TeeDub

Forum Crew Member
Not gonna lie, the stair master has me a bit nervous forvthe physical.
I run up 5 flights of stairs almost everyday (live in apartment building) and am I pretty big muscular guy, and I'm still nervous. I have to try and look for a new gym with a stair master before my pat in a couple weeks.

It's had me up, reading through this thread from last year

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
Not gonna lie, the stair master has me a bit nervous forvthe physical.
I run up 5 flights of stairs almost everyday (live in apartment building) and am I pretty big muscular guy, and I'm still nervous. I have to try and look for a new gym with a stair master before my pat in a couple weeks.

It's had me up, reading through this thread from last year

Teedub,
Do you live in Manhattan? PF on 35th street has stairmasters. What list/list numb are you? When's your PAT?

NycEmt7

Forum Crew Member
I don't

I'm 7001/73x
My test is june 24th.

Good luck! If you're worried just absolutely do as you said. Find yourself a gym with a stair master to able to practice those 60 steps a minute-with a weighted vest, for three minutes (from what I've heard,don't quote me) Good luck, read through the forum.. somewhere here as well I read what the PAT consists of. You got this!