FDNY EMS Candidates

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Does ANYONE know the EASIEST WAY to GET to fort totten using public transportation ? From Harlem IN Manhattan .. 137st broadway ? 1 train is a block away

Ok listen brother, the day of orientation stay a little longer people will be asking around where you live and looking to carpool, ( Make sure you ask yourself as well ) not everyone has a car but those that do and are willing to car pool, just throw them some gas & Toll cash. you can make arrangements where you can meet up with them etc.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Ok listen brother, the day of orientation stay a little longer people will be asking around where you live and looking to carpool, ( Make sure you ask yourself as well ) not everyone has a car but those that do and are willing to car pool, just throw them some gas & Toll cash. you can make arrangements where you can meet up with them etc.
Thanks bro ! DEFINITELY Considering but since i picked the AM CLASS, i thought the trains and buses would be a good choice ! Im assuming they RUN well in the morning ! What do u think ? Will it take longer for me to arrive at the academy using the train and bus ?

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Thanks bro ! DEFINITELY Considering but since i picked the AM CLASS, i thought the trains and buses would be a good choice ! Im assuming they RUN well in the morning ! What do u think ? Will it take longer for me to arrive at the academy using the train and bus ?

For what I heard, it' better to carpool because you have a lot of equipment to carry around with you and it's hard bringing everything on the bus and train.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Does ANYONE know the EASIEST WAY to GET to fort totten using public transportation ? From Harlem IN Manhattan .. 137st broadway ? 1 train is a block away

Take the 1-train to Time Sq 42st and transfer to the 7-train. Take the 7-train and get off at Main Street. Walk to take the bus Q16 and get off at Totten Avenue/Cross Island Parkway. From there you walk about 1/2 to the Academy.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Take the 1-train to Time Sq 42st and transfer to the 7-train. Take the 7-train and get off at Main Street. Walk to take the bus Q16 and get off at Totten Avenue/Cross Island Parkway. From there you walk about 1/2 to the Academy.
Walk 1/2 mile to the Academy

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain

Public transportation isn't always reliable as you know, and you would have to leave at the *** crack of night to be safe. ( but it never hurts in learning an MTA route in getting there) But you will be carrying a heavy load in your black duffle bag. And when you go to your first day of academy you will have your RED BAG to leave at the academy, plus your black bag. So trust me you will need a ride.
But if you want to give it a shot I say give it a trail run sometime this week before the academy. But I feel pretty confidante you will get a ride from carpool to the academy.