FDNY EMS Candidates

Adam Bolender

Forum Probie
Hey! I hate to be that guy posting about 6003 but has anyone heard anything lol I called up DCAS to make sure everything was squared away and it just said that i completed all or part of the exam. I didn't receive a receipt in my email or the acknowledgment letter in the mail. Am I screwed? lol
I took 6003 and got my list number in the mail this past Friday. No clue what or how long the next step is though

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I just wanted to jump in and thank everyone for continuing to post in this thread. I'm so glad we're able to be a resource for all of you.

Stay safe and keep us updated!
Thank you! This place has been by far the most helpful place for updates and advice.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
This ticket added NO POINTS to my lisence
Yes absolutely tell your investigator. I would both, send an email detailino what happened, and try to get in contact by phone as well. You do not want it to look like you hid it, and it shouldn't be a problem anyways. Especially this close to the next academy you wanna disclose everything.

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Exam #6003, List Number 53x, just coming aboard and saying Hi. We can all learn a lot about the process and timeline by scrolling through the thread history of #5003, no need to ask the same questions over and over again. Good luck to all.

mlbfdny

Forum Crew Member
Promo filing may be next month
Damn, are you part of 5003 or 6003? Looks like the guys in 5003 are just making it for the promo. Lets say 6003 has no shot at promo, does having fdny ems on your open competitive FF test help out? I'm assuming it means very little.

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
Are they ever going to get rid of the promo test.... I know there are rumors but would it happen anytime soon?

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Damn, are you part of 5003 or 6003? Looks like the guys in 5003 are just making it for the promo. Lets say 6003 has no shot at promo, does having fdny ems on your open competitive FF test help out? I'm assuming it means very little.

Neither I've been on for a while

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
Nearly 5 years ago when the had the previous exam I don't think DCAS had it posted until it happened. Not positive though.