FDNY EMS Candidates

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Just a update i received my investigation letter this weekend. list number 102X. i would think they have to be getting towards the end of this exam.

How many people total are on the list?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
how reliable was the source?
Early 2015? I thought it would be at least 2016... They are not too far into the current firefighter list. I think they only up to like #2500 or so and they have a list of 40000 so why would they make a new list so soon??

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
I was told 2015 for the next application period. Just going on previous history it takes about 8 months to a year after that to give the test, then another 8 months to a year to grade the test. The current fdny exam expires in 2017 so I believe no promos would be hired before there list expires.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I was told 2015 for the next application period. Just going on previous history it takes about 8 months to a year after that to give the test, then another 8 months to a year to grade the test. The current fdny exam expires in 2017 so I believe no promos would be hired before there list expires.

Right. Also the last filing period was July 2011. If you go somewhat by the "projected" timeline, then 2015 seems like it will be the year for the ball to start rolling.

billwill

Forum Lieutenant
Right, the exam date was 2/2012 though... and fdny says the exam is given every 4-5 years-- so that means the next text could be between 2/2016 and 2/2017--- So the filing period should be late 2015??

Joperlow26

Forum Probie
I handed in everything on time, I called my investigator and asked if anything was all set and if she needed anything else from me. She said she would call back, but never did, so I have no idea.

That's a little bit of relief. But I wonder why someone in the 210s got a call and we didn't.
Yea I'm also list number 20* and I didn't get a call either.

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know the cross street to 9 Metrotech Center Brooklyn. I dont know what im doing wrong but the address is not coming up for me. I need to take the subway but can not seem to get the exact location.

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know the cross street to 9 Metrotech Center Brooklyn. I dont know what im doing wrong but the address is not coming up for me. I need to take the subway but can not seem to get the exact location.
Cross street Myrtle Ave and Flatbush Ave NW corner

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm very lost,
No one here in the 200s got a call, including me (25x)
I know someone in the low 200s who got a call, unless they lied to me.

Any way, it seems like they will call numbers ranging from 15X and up to around 400.

A lot of talk is about the academy being in january, some say february, different investigators/instructors say different things

Jeez I'm lost haha, but if the academy is jan 15th, and calls go out two weeks prior, then we should start receiving calls end of december which is almost only one month away

All we can do is wait and that's it.and keep each other updated.

naps89

Forum Crew Member
To those who have already been through the intake, did you need to bring dispositions from traffic tickets?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Did you contact the courts or police departments to get them?

I had one from mta,so I went there.

You go where ever you got your ticket

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Where in the packet does it say to bring in any paperwork from traffic violations?