FDNY EMS Candidates

curryb15

Forum Crew Member
We waited over 90 minutes for one guy. Anyway, I passed the medical, doctor signed me off and now I'm awaiting results for the drug test and blood work.

Everyone said my chance is September academy, hopefully haha 2 months away I'm nervous as hell

Ugh I haven't even had my investigators appointment and I was hoping for a sept academy. Guess that's unrealistic given you are much further along than I am in the process

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Ugh I haven't even had my investigators appointment and I was hoping for a sept academy. Guess that's unrealistic given you are much further along than I am in the process

what's your list number I'm 25 X

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
And I'm kicking myself because I didn't know I could appeal my score. I have hazmat and firefighter one and FEMA certs I never added on there

It is hazmat awareness or operations?
Also FF and fema certs don't count

NYNJ

Forum Probie
Lukgeil, have they been telling you guys sept? When I went for my interview in early May they said October. Maybe it's getting pushed up?? That would be awesome

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
anyone know around what list number they are up to on physicals?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Quick question.

Yesterday after the medical, one of the guys said this is where the weeding out process begins. I didn't get a chance to ask him, does he mean that they are going over the paperwork now or he meant the academy ?

Thanks, I'm so anxious I'll get a phone call saying this and that your dq'd :unsure:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Investigator aaid the next academy is july and October

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
Ok guess the next class is getting close just got a call from my investigator informing me they will be contacting my current employer....

test 3024
list 92*

Applied - Sept 2012
PA test - Nov. 2013
Intake - Jan 2014
Psych - Feb 2014
Medical - Feb 2014

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Ok guess the next class is getting close just got a call from my investigator informing me they will be contacting my current employer....

test 3024
list 92*

Applied - Sept 2012
PA test - Nov. 2013
Intake - Jan 2014
Psych - Feb 2014
Medical - Feb 2014

You're july class

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I talked my investigator, he said that right before they call you for academy, they will call your employers and your file will go through a final review by the higher ups and if they need extra paperwork they will call you. Also when you call dcas your status will change from outstanding to non outstanding, (or the other way around) meaning you're in the next group to be called and hired

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey guys,
At the medical when they took blood, it takes a week to get the results back right? And what does it test for, whether your vitamin deficient, sti's ?

medic308

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys,

At the medical when they took blood, it takes a week to get the results back right? And what does it test for, whether your vitamin deficient, sti's ?

They test for your immunization titers and cbc, glucose levels, cholesterol levels. Stuff like that.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone know when the current class is finished?

Don't they end this month?
The class that's in, I think that's the last class with people from 3024, the July will be 4004 and the few left over people from past exams, during my medical, I saw a person from line 3 years back, I think exam 1000 orsomething similar

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Don't they end this month?
The class that's in, I think that's the last class with people from 3024, the July will be 4004 and the few left over people from past exams, during my medical, I saw a person from line 3 years back, I think exam 1000 orsomething similar

This July class is people with list numbers from like 850 all the way into the 1300s from 3024 and maybe a few people from 4004 if they cant get enough people.