FDNY EMS Candidates

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
yea this process is torture...I read back a couple of threads because I called up dcas and it said I was on "outstanding certification," but nobody knows exactly what it means including the investigators. Then you hear stories about people getting skipped over and they dont know why. Always the unknown with this process, gets frustrating.

Isn't outstanding certification good? As in All your paperwork is correct?

Getting skipped sucks, you have to apply and try Next year but there has to be a reason? People get lazy or forget, forgot to drop off important or missing paperwork, too many convictions or traffic tickets, thetr has to be a reason

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Isn't outstanding certification good? As in All your paperwork is correct?

Getting skipped sucks, you have to apply and try Next year but there has to be a reason? People get lazy or forget, forgot to drop off important or missing paperwork, too many convictions or traffic tickets, thetr has to be a reason

From what i heard while i was under "outstanding certification"...means that your number is within a range of numbers that have been pulled for processing. So, during that time period your going to come up as "outstanding certification".

Hope this helps

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
From what i heard while i was under "outstanding certification"...means that your number is within a range of numbers that have been pulled for processing. So, during that time period your going to come up as "outstanding certification".

Hope this helps

So, that comes up both during physical, intake medical etc

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Would anyone that has their intake interview on the 16th be interested in splitting a hotel room?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Would anyone that has their intake interview on the 16th be interested in splitting a hotel room?

i've got a 4 hr drive ahead of me, that would be great if i didnt have to work the nght before lol

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
That sucks if you can't get the time off. Driving in that far away for an interview is going to suck. Luckily I've talked to my bosses and they are super supportive. As long as I let them know what's going on as soon as I know they're really cool about it. Stitches, where are you driving in from?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
That sucks if you can't get the time off. Driving in that far away for an interview is going to suck. Luckily I've talked to my bosses and they are super supportive. As long as I let them know what's going on as soon as I know they're really cool about it. Stitches, where are you driving in from?

my boss is supportive too, gave me the 16th off and any other day i need. Just working till 7p the night before so thats not bad, BUT then i would have to drive the 4hrs to brooklyn, wind down, sleep, wake, shower, dress, then get there for before 8a lol.... not the work that sucks its the drive lol. id rather go to bed soon as i get home, and leave at 3a to be there for 730, (giving extra time for traffic and tolls). just think id get a better nights sleep. but idk.. gotta think bout itlol, its really tempting. either way i just hope i dont have hugs bags under my eyes or forget anything lol

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant

RI lol pretty damn far

Last edited by a moderator:

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
That's quite the shag, but then again I'm about that far out too. I'll probably be booking the room in the next couple of days so let me know what the deal is.

Aight, will do.

whereswaldo

Forum Ride Along
If anyone's still wondering about the April class...

Exam 3024, #64x

Received my phone call on Thursday 4/3
Orientation is 4/21, class starts 4/22

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
If anyone's still wondering about the April class...

Exam 3024, #64x

Received my phone call on Thursday 4/3
Orientation is 4/21, class starts 4/22

Awesome, thanks!

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
anybody here anything on 3024 today?

CPert519

Forum Probie
Physical

Anyone know what number they are up to for list 4004 on the physical? Also what does the physical consist of. I know there is a stair master for 3 min and 10 seconds a hand cycle of 120 cycles in 2 min and thats about it.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Anyone know what number they are up to for list 4004 on the physical? Also what does the physical consist of. I know there is a stair master for 3 min and 10 seconds a hand cycle of 120 cycles in 2 min and thats about it.

My friend whos 300s has his physical this saturday, march 29th they got uup to 250s.

Stairmaster.
Legpull
Arm pull
Arm bicycle thing

Everything is explained in the paper you received from fdny, if you got one, whats your #

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I didn't get one, I'm away at school and everything gets mailed to my house. Im 41* on the list.

So you should be on the physical this saturday, check your mail