FDNY EMS Candidates

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
They usually ask you to bring your offer letter but some don't get it til you are already in the academy.
But yeah bring your EMT card, CPR, SS and Drivers Li.
Good luck Silcercat,
See you on the streets !
Thanks TechLife

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
What do you recommend to wear when I go in for badges and ID
Causal attire is what I was told. Just remember these are our bosses, so dress right.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
What do you recommend to wear when I go in for badges and ID

Remember you are still in the interview process of the job.
Metro Tech is where all the big bosses are at. So why would you dress like you going to a ballgame ?
you don't have to go in a suit, but go in as you would a job interview a pair of slack/ or Jeans, but shoes and a decent shirt.
Be looked upon as a serious and respectful future member of the FDNY EMS dept.
Metro Tech houses the big bosses and trust me they notice things like your seriousness in your attire coming in for your future job.
just food for thought. ( FYI when I went to Metro Tech for ID and paperwork day I was thanked for showing up in proper attire for the JOB INTERVIEW PROCESS all I wore was a pair of slacks, shoes and shirt and sweater).
Appearance speaks volumes.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
When will this academy graduate?
13 weeks from March 6, 2017 end of May beginning of June.

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
Remember you are still in the interview process of the job.
Metro Tech is where all the big bosses are at. So why would you dress like you going to a ballgame ?
you don't have to go in a suit, but go in as you would a job interview a pair of slack/ or Jeans, but shoes and a decent shirt.
Be looked upon as a serious and respectful future member of the FDNY EMS dept.
Metro Tech houses the big bosses and trust me they notice things like your seriousness in your attire coming in for your future job.
just food for thought. ( FYI when I went to Metro Tech for ID and paperwork day I was thanked for showing up in proper attire for the JOB INTERVIEW PROCESS all I wore was a pair of slacks, shoes and shirt and sweater).
Appearance speaks volumes.
Whats up brother ? Yeah man, i graduated 2 weeks ago ! The academy flew BY ! Im at station 19 in the bronx now ! So far i like it ! Trying to adjust haha

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Whats up brother ? Yeah man, i graduated 2 weeks ago ! The academy flew BY ! Im at station 19 in the bronx now ! So far i like it ! Trying to adjust haha

Congrats brother ! good to hear, you will get the hang of it before you know it.
Glad you made it through the academy.

Gtor49

Forum Probie
So where are most of the recently graduated candidates being located? Is it randomly assigned or do you get to say where you prefer to be?

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
So where are most of the recently graduated candidates being located? Is it randomly assigned or do you get to say where you prefer to be?
Towards the middle of the academy you fill out your "dream sheet" which is basically an order of where you would like to be placed. Be aware that you're not guaranteed a specific station or borough. One of my boys wanted to go to SI and ended up getting his final choice which was EMD. Needs of the department comes first. If 180 are needed in Div 1 (Manhattan) than more than likely you're all going to Manhattan. (hypothetical situation)

jb12780

Forum Crew Member
A retired Lt. told me the 2nd Division always has openings. Any truth in that?

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
they said they want the beneficiary form filled out but i didn't get one should i go online and print one out? i found it on there website

Type2machine

Forum Ride Along
Just got a call today about my employment, cleared up whatever needed to be cleared up but it wasn't from my Investigator. A different investigator called. They said they would contact me before the afternoon. Any ideas?