FDNY EMS Candidates

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Thanks. Unlike most people here I don't have friends that are on the list with me. One of my friends is on list 6003 and one is waiting for 7003...
They'll ask for ppl that live near you to carpool and drive u during orientation

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Do we wear our collar pins tomorrow

Joseph taye

Forum Probie
Can someone please tell us/me what the weight to hight requirment is? Im 5 "8" 202 lbs my bmi is 30-31 what should i be? What do they cut it off at? Can someone please release this information?

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
Can someone please tell us/me what the weight to hight requirment is? Im 5 "8" 202 lbs my bmi is 30-31 what should i be? What do they cut it off at? Can someone please release this information?
Did you check the bmi charts man, I hear they go by that. I think and don't quote me on this but judging on what others have posted on this forum who went through the process they do allow for a few lbs over, there was a guy not to long ago who posted he was 6'1 at 220 and was fine. See where your at via a Google search (I trust the government websites) and get an idea of where you stand right now. How far along are you into the process my man?

nerdinnyc

Forum Crew Member

You shouldo be fine. When I got hired on I was 208 and I am 5'9. I didn't have to lose any weight.

acoustony

Forum Lieutenant
#6003 number 6XX , Wbu?
Damn, I'm 1XX . And JIMAZZ is 8X and he got his medical date. I'm assuming this bit doesn't go by your list number order. Any one have any in put on that ? I did my intake late March and no medical yet. The paranoia is real lol

Str8dope

Forum Probie
Damn, I'm 1XX . And JIMAZZ is 8X and he got his medical date. I'm assuming this bit doesn't go by your list number order. Any one have any in put on that ? I did my intake late March and no medical yet. The paranoia is real lol

You should call the FDNY at (718) 999-2169. thats how i got the info about my PAT. my letter never came in the mail

USMCTom

Forum Probie
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much, but also be proactive...I'm 53x and I just did my PAT 2 days ago. So clearly the order is not just based on # if 600/800's are past intake and doing medical.

silvercat354726

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much, but also be proactive...I'm 53x and I just did my PAT 2 days ago. So clearly the order is not just based on # if 600/800's are past intake and doing medical.
I took my PAT two days ago, awaiting my intake letter!!

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain

Just start losing a bit of weight. I'm 5'10" And I had to drop to 200.6. It's all dependent on what the doctor says at the end. Rather than asking around on the forums of what you should be at. Use your BMI chart and determine a goal weight someone your height should be at.

thatdorkyemt_

Forum Captain
Does anyone have the office number for the Medical Office at Metro tech? I'm not 100% certain if I need to tell them I now need to wear prescription glasses for seeing mid to long distances