FDNY EMS Candidates

Bluestripe

Forum Crew Member
Who ever is going in today to metro tech let us know what you guys do

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Who ever is going in today to metro tech let us know what you guys do
Got there at 730 for 8am scheduling. Filled out tax forms, beneficiaries, who gets money if you were to by some freak thing die as an emt. Took pictures. Filled out pension stuff..fingerprinted. out by 11 because we were all early

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Ask them about it when you swear in. Peggy Quinn should be there and she got all the answers. I keep hearing mixed things between this month or July/August. I just want to make sure people can take it if they have less than a year on the job when it comes out

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Ask them about it when you swear in. Peggy Quinn should be there and she got all the answers. I keep hearing mixed things between this month or July/August. I just want to make sure people can take it if they have less than a year on the job when it comes out

Not sure if that's something you should ask when youre and emt... Been advised to keep mouth shut about switching to fire

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
Not sure if that's something you should ask when youre and emt... Been advised to keep mouth shut about switching to fire
Keep your mouth shut at the station and respect those who's career is ems but there's no problem asking CID about it. Being some people prob have other job options and would take the other job if a promotion to fire is out of the question.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Keep your mouth shut at the station and respect those who's career is ems but there's no problem asking CID about it. Being some people prob have other job options and would take the other job if a promotion to fire is out of the question.

Whatever the case is... I've heard August

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I think you can file in the academy. Not too sure. But I've heard from multiple people its suppose to come out in August

nystateofmind

Forum Ride Along
My investigator actually brought the topic up to me when i met with him. You are eligible to apply to and take the promotional exam when you are sworn in. However you still need to complete 2 years in ems before you are eligible to accept the promotion. If your number comes up you will have an oppurtunity at the next academy class, as long as ems doesn't have a drastic shortage of manpower, in which case you could end up waiting a little longer.

Fdhopeful

Forum Crew Member
There's gonna be a lot more people taking this next promotional then the one given in 2012
Which is why I get nervous they are going to change the game this time around. Say we need a certain amount of time on ems in order to take it when I know in the past you can take it even if you are only in the academy

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Anyone know of any 911 members in NYC that are hiring 18 years old? I really don't wanna do transport ems...