FDNY EMS Candidates

jjay449

Forum Lieutenant
For people who are In the academy. Do investigators send out letters to current employers before being called for the academy?

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
theyll mail you your results of the medical, like your blood work, cholesterol and all that. but they NEVER tell you if you passed any part of the process, you wait for your psych letter if you didnt get that yet, and u just wait. I've been done since early july and ive been waiting ever since. thats how it goes for everyone. for the academy, i believe they call you to offer you employment when they get up to your number. I am hoping that I will be in that position within the next 2 months lol good luck

You can call the medical office they will tell if your cleared medically

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
People keep mentioning and recommending taking the night academy. Why? What are the benefits of the night class?

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
I'm just a candidate myself, but you do get night differential (more pay, although I don't know how much). Good instructors as well I heard but I wouldn't really know whether they're better or not than other instructors.

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
anybody hear anything about a January academy? files are being supposedly being reviewed, so maybe this January academy is in motion

ndtyank49

Forum Probie
list number 78x here got my medical on the 26th

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
True. Heard the same thing a week or two.ago from a buddy of mine who is in the academy and said the instructors told him Jan 11. Hopefully phone calls right after christmas

Jcarl

Forum Crew Member
Haven't gotten any letter in the mail yet about being able to Appel my dq for my weight. It's been 2 months so far