FDNY EMS Candidates

Bigtimewill09

Forum Ride Along
I'm a prospective student for EMT-B in NJ, on track to get my license in August, was curious the time it takes for my license to reciprocate and if I choose to reciprocate to NY, do I lose my licensure in NJ?

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Did you resolve the issue with the license? Or ur just telling us your status changed, without u resolving the issue?

Cause with ur # u have been skipped twice bro

emtBnyc13

Forum Crew Member
If u don't mind me asking so I know to check mine . Was it expired or something ?

My file was under review due to a few past speeding tickets that I disclosed. I was outstanding on the dcas automated this entire time until now..I am hoping this is a good change.

ballzolight

Forum Crew Member
how many eligible are there on 4004, 1400? hopefully us early 100s are in September. anyone else faxing in their results of their ppd test? good lucks guys
did they ask you to fax ppd test during your medical because you didn't bring your records? or was it some other reason

ems101

Forum Crew Member
did they ask you to fax ppd test during your medical because you didn't bring your records? or was it some other reason
If you didn't have a PPD test done within the last 6 months you will have to get a new one done during medical and then you'll have to get it read and fax over the results

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Two questions
1) anyone 6'3" who did the medical was wondering the weight that they are looking for?

2) Also if you have a medical issue that is being treated and will go away but may make you fail the respiratory fitness test at the medical But after treatment you woul pass would that dq you even if you have dr notes explaining the issue?

ems101

Forum Crew Member
Two questions
1) anyone 6'3" who did the medical was wondering the weight that they are looking for?

2) Also if you have a medical issue that is being treated and will go away but may make you fail the respiratory fitness test at the medical But after treatment you woul pass would that dq you even if you have dr notes explaining the issue?
Hmm I believe they go by BMI; they have a bunch of BMI calculators online so you can plug in your height and weight and see where you fall and sorry not sure about #2

Mugs89

Forum Captain
For the PPD test, you can go to metrotech and get it read, that avoids any issue that may come up.

btw, I think calls may be next week. Just from past patterns, and knowing that the academy is on the 13th.

ems101

Forum Crew Member
For the PPD test, you can go to metrotech and get it read, that avoids any issue that may come up.

btw, I think calls may be next week. Just from past patterns, and knowing that the academy is on the 13th.
Yup I was thinking probably around the 29th of June that's exactly two weeks from the 13th, but who knows.. It would be awesome if they start calling next week!

Mugs89

Forum Captain
I was thinking the 29th to, but the July 4th weekend is part of that week, so i figure they'll move it up at least a few days into next week.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Just checked, me to Brah! whats even sicker is that the system was updated today, its usually only updated every Sunday.

Mugs89

Forum Captain
Ya cause I called the # yesterday and I was not outstanding. And it switched today, so we're really close. The 13th might not be the definite date, may have moved up.