FDNY EMS Candidates

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
I hear you but I'm in pretty good shape so I'm not worried about the physical. Just know some of this stuff takes time to gather so I'm just trying to get a jump start on it. But thanks all the same.

RUMCEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Oh and don't get me wrong I'm running and doing the stair machine with a 40lb vest so I'm definitely doing the fitness side as well.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
You will get a list of all the docs you that you need for your investigation at the end of the PAT after you pass. As Mugs89 stated, you will have plenty of time between your PAT and Investigation date to gather all that. I only had a month between my PAT and BI and was able to get all the docs.

That being said, if you know right now that you do not have the basics, e.g. birth certificate, driving record, tech card or even some not so basics like a court case you might have going on, you might want to start looking into getting those.

Michael Iacono

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys, an EMT student here interested in FDNY EMS!

Can someone tell me about the background investigation for FDNY EMS??

Do they want the detailed earning report with past jobs and salaries? Is there a polygraph? Will a minor background DQ me???

Mugs89

Forum Captain
No polygraph, Yes earnings report.

Investigation is pretty straight forward. If you don't lie you'll be in solid shape. If you do, that's a DQ.

They're concerned about Criminal Backgrounds, bad driving history, and terminations. I know terminations can be explained and you'll be cool (If its reasonable).
Convictions and a spotty license might be another story, where you could probably get a DQ.

You can also get the "DQ" from problems out of the Medical and Physical.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Just got word that... they are sending letters out at the end of the month beginning of next, for dates when you go in for investigations.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Yes. that's what I was just told. That they are going to start sending out letters for you to come into metro tech.

Hunter118

Forum Captain
Just got word that... they are sending letters out at the end of the month beginning of next, for dates when you go in for investigations.
Bro that's completely wrong , for everyone that's on 5003 the first letter u will receive is for your Physical and agility which is at Fort Totten , so if you have a low list number I suggest u get a weighted vest and become friends with a stair master , Plz stop spreading false info

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Maybe going to metro tech part is wrong but they are definitely sending letters out.