FDNY EMS Candidates

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
List #48x here. Congrats and all the best of luck to all that have been called so far. Also, thank you for all the great info so far. Hopefully I won't be that far behind you guys.
goodluck to you ! I'm 49x here

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Weird, I received two emails from FDNY, one is a instructional letter, and a second email, which is blank, just FDNY overhead and nothing else :(

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Update:

I finally got the email to open, one is a congratulation letter, other is a instructional letter

If anyone is missing the instructional letter, I can forward it to you.

Does any one have the paper that states which documents for work eligibility I can bring, and "designation of beneficiary form" that can forward it to me?

Thanks PM me

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
This forum should have it's own subsection, FDNY

DFD338

Forum Lieutenant
Update:

I finally got the email to open, one is a congratulation letter, other is a instructional letter

If anyone is missing the instructional letter, I can forward it to you.

Does any one have the paper that states which documents for work eligibility I can bring, and "designation of beneficiary form" that can forward it to me?

Thanks PM me

Woohooo! Congrats buddy! Samething happened to me, I ended up calling and having them fax over a copy of it. http://imgur.com/CI0o894 that's what you need to bring

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thanks so much

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
280 or so

bam5

Forum Crew Member
Hey lukgiel

Want to wish you good luck
It was a pleasure to follow u
On this forum

Please keep us updated

And how did u received the call on house phone or cell

Bam5

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
I'm really interested in how many people have failed/passed everything and how many actually take it....praying they just keep moving along and reach my number this time around I don't think I can wait anymore

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Hey lukgiel

Want to wish you good luck
It was a pleasure to follow u
On this forum

Please keep us updated

And how did u received the call on house phone or cell

Bam5

Thank you, it was my pleasure to update this forum with info I learned/heard. I will keep updating on how the academy is going, maybe like a journal?

I was called on my cell phone.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I'm really interested in how many people have failed/passed everything and how many actually take it....praying they just keep moving along and reach my number this time around I don't think I can wait anymore

I guess, the general rule is 1/3rd make it to the academy

Robin25689

Forum Probie
You guys know if emd has beds there that you can sleep in between shifts once in a while. Only asking because I live 100 miles from metro tech one way.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You guys know if emd has beds there that you can sleep in between shifts once in a while. Only asking because I live 100 miles from metro tech one way.

I'm pretty siret they don't

Your best bet would be to move closer, that's some travel there

ThatGirlLex4

Forum Probie
Hey everyone :). Just curious about the civil service exam.. how often is it given and should you take immediately after receiving your emt cert? My goal is to get to the FDNY as smoothly as possible. I want to take the next available exam and checked the website and the last one was given around September. I'm really new at this so I'm just trying to get some basic info. Thanks!

Robin25689

Forum Probie
Hey everyone :). Just curious about the civil service exam.. how often is it given and should you take immediately after receiving your emt cert? My goal is to get to the FDNY as smoothly as possible. I want to take the next available exam and checked the website and the last one was given around September. I'm really new at this so I'm just trying to get some basic info. Thanks!
Once you get your emt card call fdny and give them your info. Then wait for the next civil service exam which should be given around September 2015. And it's about a 1-2 year wait from the exam until hire.