Favorite Scrubs quotes and favorite moments

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Since we seem to be on a Scrubs kick around here, thought I'd ask the question, what are some of your favorite quotes and memorable moments that the characters have said or done on Scrubs? Be free to post more when you think of them or hear more quotes that you think are funny or just saw an episode and wanna share it with the rest of us! Also im sure if you look online you can find a lot of good ones.

---------------

Just heard this one watching an episode:

(Dr. Kelso talking to Molly about her upcoming trip to Mexico.)

Dr. Kelso: I got you a present for your trip to Mexico. It's my old Spanish to English dictionary. I don't need it anymore, I've mastered the language.

Molly: Gracias Senor.

Dr. Kelso: Your Welcomo!

---------------

When J.D. is running away from Dr. Cox he turns and see's Dr. Cox fall over a stretcher.

J.D.: Well, that was easier than I thought, im all in the clear. But you know who I haven't seen toda... (Janitor pops out from a room yawning and clothesline J.D. to the ground.)

Janitor turns to Dr. Cox: You looking for this?

Last edited by a moderator:

smaguirepsu

Forum Ride Along
Well the episode where Janitor becomes a security guard is one of my favorite. The Polyphonic Spree playing at the end is priceless. But as for just random quotes throughout Scrubs I think it might be this one:

Dr. Kelso: Here at Sacred Heart, I like to think that our patients choose our hospital not only because I leak vicious rumors about competing hospitals to the press, but also because when they see one of our doctors they think, Now that's a professional!
Elliot: Um, Sir I don't think I look unprofessional.
Dr. Kelso: I've let this whole new look thing slide the last few months, but now that your colleagues are beginning to complain I'm going to give you the same advice I give my son every morning. Lose the makeup! Get a haircut! And stop using my razor to shave your fun zone!

And Molly is definitely one of the more amusing guest characters they've had on the show.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I've never been able to sit through an episode of scrubs. It doesn't appeal to me in the least. I know I'm the minority on this but I had to get it off my chest.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Scrubs is loosely based upon the novel "House of God" about an intern. I used to make my EMT students read it to get the "mythical" illusion of medicine out of their heads and the reality of true medicine.

If you do like Scrubs this site has all the the episodes for free as well as recent movies for free! http://tvshows.tubezoom.com/

R/r911

OP
OP
EMTBandit

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Scrubs is loosely based upon the novel "House of God" about an intern. I used to make my EMT students read it to get the "mythical" illusion of medicine out of their heads and the reality of true medicine.

If you do like Scrubs this site has all the the episodes for free as well as recent movies for free! http://tvshows.tubezoom.com/

R/r911

Dude you rock. Thanks! :)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Rid... I just read The House Of God over the winter. I should have read it sooner. I now need to read Mt. Misery (his other book)

To go off topic here... this is something that bears repeating:) :

Laws of the House Of God (Shamelessly copied from Wikipeida - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_House_of_God)
  1. GOMERS DON’T DIE.
  2. GOMERS GO TO GROUND.
  3. AT A CARDIAC ARREST, THE FIRST PROCEDURE IS TO TAKE YOUR OWN PULSE.
  4. THE PATIENT IS THE ONE WITH THE DISEASE.
  5. PLACEMENT COMES FIRST.
  6. THERE IS NO BODY CAVITY THAT CANNOT BE REACHED WITH A #14 NEEDLE AND A GOOD STRONG ARM.
  7. AGE + BUN = LASIX DOSE.
  8. THEY CAN ALWAYS HURT YOU MORE.
  9. THE ONLY GOOD ADMISSION IS A DEAD ADMISSION.
  10. IF YOU DON’T TAKE A TEMPERATURE, YOU CAN’T FIND A FEVER.
  11. SHOW ME A MEDICAL STUDENT WHO ONLY TRIPLES MY WORK AND I WILL KISS HIS FEET.
  12. IF THE RADIOLOGY RESIDENT AND THE MEDICAL STUDENT BOTH SEE A LESION ON THE CHEST X-RAY, THERE CAN BE NO LESION THERE.
  13. THE DELIVERY OF GOOD MEDICAL CARE IS TO DO AS MUCH NOTHING AS POSSIBLE.

PS... The House Of God is where we get some important elements of our common medical slang. GOMER, Zebra (If you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras), LOL in NAD, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
"What has two thumbs and doesn't give a crap? Bob Kelso!"

Heh. I love that line.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief

R/r911

that website is great for pirate videos and I'm having a lot of fun watching some of the new releases. Just wondering, does anyone have a problem with watching (stealing) new videos off the internet? I’m not here to judge, I can’t resist the urge myself. I just think it brings up an interesting ethical question.

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I don't and here is the reason. I am not actually obtaining it, rather viewing it only. I do not copy or steal it. It would be the same if I was to borrow the DVD from you and watched it or was in a store and they were displaying the show ... would that be wrong ? Should I have to pay the manufacture each time I borrowed a copy or viewed it?

I do see a double edged sword to the issue.

Now, ironically I was attempting to locate some safety commercial videos that was produced in England/Ireland. They were great ad's on seatbelts and paying attention, much more graphic than U.S. would allow. Definitely the type to get the point across, but found them removed because the company copyright.

So the company is worried about the copyright instead of the message? So if someone pirated a copy that would be a bad thing, if they prevented a death? God forbid that they did not make some cash on it..!

I realize it costs money to produce films and artist protection, etc.., but after a period of time they have received the money from the original product.

R/r 911

Medic's Wife

Forum Crew Member
I have much more weighty ethical issues to grapple with in my personal life. For example, do I actually reach my hands out and place them around the neck of my husband's ex-wife who treats their 5yo son like $hit, or do I just fantasize about it in my spare time? :p

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I have much more weighty ethical issues to grapple with in my personal life. For example, do I actually reach my hands out and place them around the neck of my husband's ex-wife who treats their 5yo son like $hit, or do I just fantasize about it in my spare time? :p

Remember, attempted murder charges look BAD on job applications. :)

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
that website is great for pirate videos and I'm having a lot of fun watching some of the new releases. Just wondering, does anyone have a problem with watching (stealing) new videos off the internet? I’m not here to judge, I can’t resist the urge myself. I just think it brings up an interesting ethical question.

Depending on where you are, it could just be classified as "time shifting." You're not actually taking possession or committing piracy by viewing it online.

If you want the real detailed answer, I'll have The Lawyer dig it up tomorrow. ;)

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
I don't and here is the reason. I am not actually obtaining it, rather viewing it only. I do not copy or steal it. It would be the same if I was to borrow the DVD from you and watched it or was in a store and they were displaying the show ... would that be wrong ? Should I have to pay the manufacture each time I borrowed a copy or viewed it?

I do see a double edged sword to the issue.

Now, ironically I was attempting to locate some safety commercial videos that was produced in England/Ireland. They were great ad's on seatbelts and paying attention, much more graphic than U.S. would allow. Definitely the type to get the point across, but found them removed because the company copyright.

So the company is worried about the copyright instead of the message? So if someone pirated a copy that would be a bad thing, if they prevented a death? God forbid that they did not make some cash on it..!

I realize it costs money to produce films and artist protection, etc.., but after a period of time they have received the money from the original product.

R/r 911

Downloading it onto your computer is not obtaining it? There are some movies that are barely out of theaters on that site. I think it is stealing and so does the law. When you post it onto a website where millions can watch it, how will the owners of that movie get paid? Hell, stallone is still getting royalties for rocky, so it never expires. Can I come into your house and live there. After all, you've owned it for a while and had a bunch of people over so it's not really yours anymore. I'm still making up my own mind on the issue but I do have serious ethical doubts about it.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Depending on where you are, it could just be classified as "time shifting." You're not actually taking possession or committing piracy by viewing it online.

If you want the real detailed answer, I'll have The Lawyer dig it up tomorrow. ;)

Yea, because if there's one person who knows about unethical behavior, it's the scum sucking lawyer.

disassociative

Forum Captain
lol, I have my Tivo set to series link on every channel that scrubs comes on.
Dr. Cox is tha man.

Doug in Elevator with JD On Gurney with Body Bag
Doug: AAAH!!!!(starts hitting him with Fire Extinguisher)
J.D.: Doug, Doug!! Why are you hitting me with a fire extinguisher?!?
Doug: I thought you were a dead person coming back to life!
J.D.: Then, why are you hitting me with a fire extinguisher?!?
Doug(pretty shaken):Because, dead people should stay dead..

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
lol, I have my Tivo set to series link on every channel that scrubs comes on.
Dr. Cox is tha man.

Doug in Elevator with JD On Gurney with Body Bag
Doug: AAAH!!!!(starts hitting him with Fire Extinguisher)
J.D.: Doug, Doug!! Why are you hitting me with a fire extinguisher?!?
Doug: I thought you were a dead person coming back to life!
J.D.: Then, why are you hitting me with a fire extinguisher?!?
Doug(pretty shaken):Because, dead people should stay dead..
Hey... I LOVE Doug. He's the MAN. I loved the episode where he found his new calling!

OP
OP
EMTBandit

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant
Hey... I LOVE Doug. He's the MAN. I loved the episode where he found his new calling!

I just saw that one the other day lol. I loved when everyone was trying to hide him from one of the hospital big wigs. Especially the part where Carla just got done saying he's a good doctor and he turns around and accidentally shocks her with the defib paddles lol.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
EMTBandit... I like Janitor when he plays Security Officer - I think you mentioned it, but I can't find it.

OP
OP
EMTBandit

EMTBandit

Forum Lieutenant