Favorite EMS TV Show & Movie

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
They just released it on DVD this past March... Supposedly had it at Walmart, but I got a super deal for a 2 disc set on eBay; 3.99;sealed;widescreen disc and full screen disc. They "digitally enhanced" it, but I think they just made the contrast a bit too lite and called it improved. :blink: < I still love this smilie

croaker260

Forum Crew Member
I cant believe no one has mentioned "Mother, Juggs, and Speed"????????

I showed it as mandatory watching on lunch break for my saterday EMT classes.

Starred Bill Cosby, Harvy Keitel, and Raquel Welch as Juggs (geuss why)..filmed about 1976.

OK , its mainly watching for th comedy, but also to see where we came from,and where we could slip back too if we arnt careful.

Mandatory Watching, really!!!

MariaCatEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
I like ER, Third Watch, Rescue 911, Paramedics and Emergency. But then again, I'm a newbie, and liked these shows before I got my basic license, so what do I know? :p

Call911

Forum Probie
Originally posted by rescuelt+Jul 14 2004, 08:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rescuelt @ Jul 14 2004, 08:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lastcode@Jul 14 2004, 12:44 AM
As for that new 9/11 movie I will have my eyes plucked out before watching such political trash. Too many people died on 9/11 for anyone to use it for political gain in the upcoming elections. I don't care if they are democrat or republican.
Amen, brother. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, what he said.

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I take it by the tone of the other thread on this subject that Rescue Me is rapidly becoming one of our favorite TV shows?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch it yet (but I do have all episodes taped so far, just not the time). I'm hoping to get around to watching them this week.

Ray1129

Forum Crew Member
Emergency! will always be the best....it's the reason I'm here in the first place. But there are a few others that are pretty good. Third Watch was good at first. When they decided to kill off the characters who no longer played on teh show as opposed to transferring them, I began to get a little upset. ER was also good. Rescue Me is good. If you take parts of each show and put them together, you could probably hit the nail on the head when it comes to depicting real EMS/Fire. :lol:

Real shows it would have to be Paramedics. I like how they show all the calls, ******** or not. They get into the medics lives briefly. You know, get the public to understand the people inside the uniform. I never really got into the live action ER shows. I'm good when it comes to fixing the already injured....in the emergency scene the blood and adrenline are pumping. But I'd have to agree with Erika, I can't watch the docs splitting people open without adreniline (and even then....).

As for movies, the only one I've ever really seen was Back Draft. Though I will definately try to watch the others mentioned on here....I've heard of Mother, Juggs and Speed, but never knew the name....

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Before 9-11, there was a series on NBC for a short amount of time called "The Bravest". It was done on the same format as Cops, but with fire departments instead. They spent a lot of time in NYC with the Rescue stations, and devoted an episode to all those who sacrificed themselves that day.

I have the only episodes I can find on DVD, and watch them periodically. Very good series, but very short lived.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jun 30 2004, 09:29 PM
My ambulance corps has the entire "Emergency!" series on DVD.
I just have to ask... will you marry me? I have not been able to find that DVD set anywhere. and ever since they took it off of TV LAND, I have not been able to catch my "daily training"

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by firekountrybunny@Jul 10 2004, 09:49 AM
Plus I am still figuring out the logistics of the fire department scene when they are on top of the truck... and that is all I will say about that!!!
I've tried it. It sucks to be on the bottom. you WILL get rug burn on your a$$. on the top is the best spot to be while that is going on.

shug

Forum Probie
for my 2 cents definately Paramedics and Rescue me. RM is still early enough in the season where they aren't dropping helicopters on people yet. Plus last week I saw full fledged nipple. Who can't love that on basic cable :p

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I fell out of the loop on RM. I do have a friend that is taping the whole season for me tho. So by the end of next month, I'll be caught up.