Favorite Boots?

med51fl

Forum Lieutenant
Bates Jump boots with the side zipper. I have had them since my Army days and they are awesome. When the soles wear out, I just re-sole them.

Bosco836

Forum Lieutenant
Haix Airpower R1 or R2, they are comfy and my first pair is still being used as a back up set three years after I bought them. They are expensive but the quality is awesome.

I second this. Very comfy and awesome quality.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Haix Airpower R1 or R2, they are comfy and my first pair is still being used as a back up set three years after I bought them. They are expensive but the quality is awesome.

These rock.

I'm on my second pair.

Price is high but watch for Haix to out them on clearance or get a factory seconds pair.

These can be refurbed for about $50 as well.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Rocky AlphaForce
with Side Zipper
and Composite Toe

Like walking on clouds all day.

Only problem I have is the soles squeak on the station bay floors. Other than that, no problems.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I prefer a nice pair of Ugg boots. They keep your feet warm and cozy with the added bonus of being super stylish.

Ugg-boot.jpg

OP
OP
S

socoemt

Forum Probie
Ha, uggs. I think I'm going to look like enough of a rookie without the added help of walking in with ugg boots on haha

stagejedi

Forum Ride Along
Redback slip ons, Easy to get on and off, and there super comfortable... only downside is they are hard to keep clean

OP
OP
S

socoemt

Forum Probie
Soooooo... had my first day today and when ordering my uniform they told me that they include new boots for all employees! So thank you to everyone for the input, and if I need to get boots in the future I will definitely revisit this thread but luckily I won't have to be buying my own anytime soon! Once I get them I'll let you know what kind they are!

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
Ha, uggs. I think I'm going to look like enough of a rookie without the added help of walking in with ugg boots on haha

Show up in bunny slippers.

pilotmedic

Forum Probie
Hands down Bates GX-8 they feel soft right off the bat. Lots of ankle support Gore Tex so they stay dry, Insulated so they are warm not hot during summer.

But, the best waterproof side zipper so they come off easy for recline time

Cheers
Mike

Chief Complaint

Forum Captain
I dont even bother looking at boots that dont have side zips. They really make all the difference in the world.

Letting out some of that funk that builds up in there over the course of a 24 hour shift feels soooo good.

pilotmedic

Forum Probie
I dont even bother looking at boots that dont have side zips. They really make all the difference in the world.

Letting out some of that funk that builds up in there over the course of a 24 hour shift feels soooo good.

ya i always try to share the funk with others in da house :rolleyes:

Sandog

Forum Asst. Chief
I have the Pro Warrington 3003 front zips. Very comfy. 200 bucks I think,

SarahAus

Forum Probie
I love the Redback slip ons! I just got a pair of Wolverine something or other - hope they're as comfy!

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I've had Thorogoods, Warringtons, 5.11 and Haix. I will wear nothing but Haix from now on!