Ever get sick of EMS?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
This past week I've worked many more shifts than I usually do, getting 72 hours. It seems I wake up, go to work, come home, sleep, and it starts all over again. When I ask patients what day it is, I actually have to look at my watch to check. It's like that movie Groundhog Day, it's just one big cycle.

Okay, enough complaining. Im only working two shifts next week, so it shouldn't be too bad.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
While I took my CC class, during the month of May I logged 220 hours at work, 90 hours at the Ambulance Corps, and 64 hours in CC class.

That worked out to 12 hours a day, for 31 straight days (give or take some hours on certain days). I hated it all.

ResTech

Forum Asst. Chief
I was really starting to get tired of paramedic school.. does that count :) Thank goodness for summer break. I am actually looking formward to going back in the fall to get it over with (two more semester's to go.. woohoo!)

In general I can honestly say I've never really gotten sick of it. I've taken some breaks from running at my volunteer station but mostly do to time constraints and wanting to do other things.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Every so often, I get a real craving for something OTHER than a medical call. We go through periods sometimes where we'll get 20 med calls in a row with nothing else. You start hoping for even a false fire alarm to have an excuse to ride the engine. :D

Still, in general, I prefer the EMS side and that's the main reason I joined the department.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Every time the pager goes off at 0300, and I have to go to work in the morning. :D

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Originally posted by SafetyPro@Jul 12 2004, 10:13 AM
Every so often, I get a real craving for something OTHER than a medical call. We go through periods sometimes where we'll get 20 med calls in a row with nothing else. You start hoping for even a false fire alarm to have an excuse to ride the engine. :D

Still, in general, I prefer the EMS side and that's the main reason I joined the department.
And less than an hour after I posted this, we got toned out for a leaking water pipe. :rolleyes: Guess who made the engine and got to run the water vac.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
:lol:

What's that saying? Oh, yeah. "Careful what you wish for, you might actually get it."