Envision to unload AMR

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Rumors floating around that Ascension is buying AMR.

If true that means ill likely be back in an AMR uniform sooner than I would like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Can you explain why youd seek employment if AMR was owned by Ascension? I just googled they're a catholic non profit back east?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Can you explain why youd seek employment if AMR was owned by Ascension? I just googled they're a catholic non profit back east?
Yes, that ascension and non profits buy for profits all the time. Our local AMR shop is terrible. They run you into the dirt daily and will routinely hold you past end of shift. When you pass the 90 minutes past EOS that they can hold you over per local policy, they threaten your job and certs for refusing to take a run. Sending you on a 6 hour LDT with an hour left in your shift is perfectly acceptable to them.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ascension Health? That would be interesting. I know they're trying to acquire a lot of the mid-sized hospital market in places like Wichita Falls and Abilene.
Yes, that ascension.

FoleyArtist

More murse than medic now...
Yes, that ascension and non profits buy for profits all the time. Our local AMR shop is terrible. They run you into the dirt daily and will routinely hold you past end of shift. When you pass the 90 minutes past EOS that they can hold you over per local policy, they threaten your job and certs for refusing to take a run. Sending you on a 6 hour LDT with an hour left in your shift is perfectly acceptable to them.

There are stories like that at many AMR divisons across the nation. Are you saying you're hopeful that Ascension would change all that if they assumed the reigns of AMR?

On a random side note I guees nothing would change except the "A" standing for Ascension instead of American. Haha

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Nothing local will change. That kind of malarkey is something local.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
There are stories like that at many AMR divisons across the nation. Are you saying you're hopeful that Ascension would change all that if they assumed the reigns of AMR?

On a random side note I guees nothing would change except the "A" standing for Ascension instead of American. Haha
Im hoping Ascension leaves it alone. Most of us are former AMR employees that have worked hard to get where we are. Weve managed to successfully win a contract bid against AMR. We dont want to be AMR, to county residents dont want us to be AMR.

It may be a moot point, its all still rumors at this point. Just in case, ive continued to lay ground work for a flight position within the company.

Yes, that ascension.

Interesting. I've been doing a bit of research on them and am curious how things would change if they do end up being the company that purchases AMR.

Other than Falck, I don't know who else would be a likely candidate.

Also, if you don't mind, where is this rumor coming from?

chriscemt

Forum Lieutenant
I've been told, "there will be no operational changes due to change in ownership."

Followed up with, "There will be no management changes due to change in ownership."

(while there is no Operations Manager, since the last one left)

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The only real question I have is just where does KKR plan on cutting AMR down, and whether or not the "quality" part of KKR's other holdings will even remotely affect the AMR mediocrity complex.