EMTP Job on Base/Relocation Assistance

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Wow, it does not say anything about a security clearance in the requirements, thats a surprise!

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
They'd have to offer relocation assistance to get anyone to move to Alabama....

Doc_D

Forum Probie
just what the army needs, more non-army personell on post. It pisses me off because ambulance work is great experience for new whiskeys

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
just what the army needs, more non-army personell on post. It pisses me off because ambulance work is great experience for new whiskeys

So you're angry that someone with more than an EMT-B education will be providing actual medical care on base?

OP
OP
akflightmedic

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously, kind of an asinine statement but knowing Doc D from another site, I expect it.

These are paramedic jobs, not your fresh EMT B recruit who is to be pushed out overseas as soon as possible.

The reason they hire civilians is for continuity in operations. If you have new people every few weeks or months, you lose a lot of valuable knowledge and resources with each rotation.

This is the same reason EMS services are contracted out on bases overseas...to preserve knowledge and offer stability to a vital service.

You have no idea how fragmented the disaster response plans and mass casualty response plans were on some of the larger bases overseas until they were contracted out. This was because no nation wanted the lead, and when a nation did take lead, they rotated out and then there was the learning curve of the new team and then they made changes then it was time for them to leave.

Sorry Doc D, you just gonna have to suck it up buttercup, especially since civilians on post have been part of the institution from Day 1.