EMTLIFE comes to you. Tampa Florida station 8

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Say hello to Tampa Fire Department station 8 home of Fire Rescue 8. Fire Rescue 8 is our latest EMTLIFE comes to you station visit.

Fire Rescue 8 is part of the the Rescue Division of Tampa Fire Rescue. The shifts rotate working twenty-four hours on duty and forty-eight hours off duty. Each shift staffs 14 Advanced Life Support (ALS) Transport units, 20 ALS Engine companies, 1 Airport Rescue Paramedic unit housed at the Tampa International Airport Terminal, and 15 members of the Tactical Medical Response Team protecting 116 square miles and a population of 333,000.

Station 8 is located across the street from the International Plaza which is a very cool mall and has nothing to do with EMS but does contain a cheese cake factory which I feel is worth mentioning because I like cheese cake.

Tampa Fire Rescue provides all ALS transports within the city limits of Tampa. Including all ALS inter-facility transports. All units are dual medic units including one non transport unit assigned to Tampa international airport.

Something interesting to note about Tampa Fire Resue is Several Tampa Fire Rescue Paramedics have trained extensively with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Football team and provide emergency medical support. Utilizing special equipment like oversized back boards and scoop stretchers they provide medical care for players.

EMTLIFE would like to thank the men and women of station 8 for their dedication and professionalism.

Unfortunately fire rescue 8 was on its way out as I arrived at the station so I had to snap some quick shots as they left on the call.

IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

Stay tuned for more EMTLIFE comes to you station visits, and if you are interested in setting up a station visit from an EMTLIFE community leader so that you can be featured here on EMTLIFE please contact me for more details.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, look at all these nice rigs goin' on down south!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
If you make it out to San Diego, Check out El Cajon's Medic 8. They've got an amazing rig

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

CBentz12

Forum Crew Member
Right around the corner from my place and I worked a MVA with them once while in school. Pretty cool guys with a lot of knowledge. Nice find bald guy

OP
OP
bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

You mean those big, ugly yellow trucks? :p

I have to admit those are some unique looking color schemes. I'll add it to the list :)