EMTLife.com Sold - Big Changes!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Friends,

Many of you know how busy I've been over the last year. It's no easy task maintaining this forum, and I've struggled to do both at the same time.

Over the past few months I've been talking to different companies and people regarding the future of EMTLife. It is with great enthusiasm that I announce the sale of EMTLife.com. Several months ago I was approached with an offer, and over the past few months we've negotiated a final deal that I feel will be beneficial to the entire community. Effective immediately EMTLife.com will change ownership to EMS e-Annuities Inc.

What will change:
  • The biggest change will be a $4.95 monthly membership fee to participate in the forum. More information to come!
  • Faster 4.1.06 GHz Dual Ion Servers
  • More Exciting Features!
I will still be part of the forum, and I hope everyone else decides to stay too! This is an exciting time for EMTLife.com, and you can now say you're part of it!

Any questions should be directed to AprilFirstIsWhatDay@EMTLife.com

Thank you for your continued patience and understanding ;)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Oh Mmiz, not again!

Raf

Forum Lieutenant
This forum is great for a free resource, but no forum is worth paying a membership fee for. Most of the internet is free-based so if you are going to charge people they will just move on to find a free resource.

I realize that money is needed to operate facilities such as this (servers, etc) but the money should be raised elsewhere rather from memberships.

Donations, perhaps "platinum" memberships, or ads are some alternatives.

Also if this forum is being taken over by a corporation, they will most likely have other means of funds. They can simply use a free forum such as this to spread the word of their company and advertise for new customers.

Image all the EMT's and Paramedics that visit this site..if we all know that this corporation owns the forums we would support them and buy their products or whatever they are involved in.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait, can I sign up for a platinum membership?

Will I get a free parking space near the door?

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I just want the gold membership, no parking but a nifty sticker for my car.

futuretoledoemt

Forum Crew Member
I just wanna be able to park in the vacinity of the lot... ;)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
he did this last year too.... ;)

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
MedicStudentJon said:
he did this last year too.... ;)

Remember that feeling back in high school where you realize you didn't do your homework so you panic? I had that same feeling when it came to April Fools Day this year. I had such big plans, but didn't get around to doing them.

Next year... next year...

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
MMiz said:
Remember that feeling back in high school where you realize you didn't do your homework so you panic? ...

I never paniced. Always have a plan! I just went to the infirmary and told them I threw up in the bath room and felt dizzy... Since I was diabetic, they always felt concerned, and let me go home.

Thus, finishing my homework and watching MTV. :p