EMTLife.com February Contest!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We have a "Pacific Storm" brewing out here. I put it in quotes cause it's quite funny. Their "Pacific Storm" is a mostly cloudy day with rain and strong winds. A typical summer afternoon thunderstorm in Florida is worse compared to this. LOL

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:28 PM
It is raining like cats and dogs here. Our resident mallard couple were out for a swim in my parking spot earlier today, here at work.

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon
Ice storm here... Power lines down, MVA's, fires... We were out non stop for nine hours.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 23 2005, 12:41 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 23 2005, 12:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Mar 23 2005, 12:35 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon
@Mar 23 2005, 12:28 PM
It is raining like cats and dogs here. Our resident mallard couple were out for a swim in my parking spot earlier today, here at work.

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon

It is here too. I turned down an offer for a 3-martini lunch because my flip-flopped foot and I don't like the idea of hobbling around in the freezing rain. :(
a lunch OF 3 martinis, or a Lunch WITH 3 martinis, or 3 martinis to be consmed with the other comestables.

Jon [/b][/quote]
3 Martini Lunch is code word for a "drinking lunch" or lunch with drinks but mostly drinks with lunch.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Mar 23 2005, 08:23 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Mar 23 2005, 08:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MedicStudentJon@Mar 23 2005, 12:28 PM

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon
Ice storm here... Power lines down, MVA's, fires... We were out non stop for nine hours. [/b][/quote]
Then the power went out for 23 hours. Expected to be out from 8am Friday - Noonish Saturday also. The substation in town completely exploded, they found pieces a quarter mile away. They have no idea what happened, it wasn't the ice b/c it was under a pavillion. Which of course caught fire and collapsed. They have substations on flatbeds from the railroad. When it blew up, I guess it pulled the lines taut b/c the cross arm things broke in half and put all the wires down into the river, and up the streets till it met a high tension tower which, according to an engineer actually buckled. Funny thing was, nobody knew it had blown up. People figure the booms were the breakers on the poles getting thrown from ice. Went to power the grid back up, and the place was a smoldering ruin. :blink: I'm gonna shut down... the power is browning out don't wanna lose a second computer.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Mar 24 2005, 11:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Mar 24 2005, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Mar 23 2005, 08:23 PM

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon

Ice storm here... Power lines down, MVA's, fires... We were out non stop for nine hours.
Then the power went out for 23 hours. Expected to be out from 8am Friday - Noonish Saturday also. The substation in town completely exploded, they found pieces a quarter mile away. They have no idea what happened, it wasn't the ice b/c it was under a pavillion. Which of course caught fire and collapsed. They have substations on flatbeds from the railroad. When it blew up, I guess it pulled the lines taut b/c the cross arm things broke in half and put all the wires down into the river, and up the streets till it met a high tension tower which, according to an engineer actually buckled. Funny thing was, nobody knew it had blown up. People figure the booms were the breakers on the poles getting thrown from ice. Went to power the grid back up, and the place was a smoldering ruin. :blink: I'm gonna shut down... the power is browning out don't wanna lose a second computer. [/b][/quote]
Oops.

But TTLWHKR has a back-up generator to power his whole neighborhood, so all is ok.

Sorry about the substation Didn't hurt anyone, did it?

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Mar 25 2005, 07:27 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Mar 25 2005, 07:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Mar 24 2005, 11:33 PM

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon

Then the power went out for 23 hours. Expected to be out from 8am Friday - Noonish Saturday also. The substation in town completely exploded, they found pieces a quarter mile away. They have no idea what happened, it wasn't the ice b/c it was under a pavillion. Which of course caught fire and collapsed. They have substations on flatbeds from the railroad. When it blew up, I guess it pulled the lines taut b/c the cross arm things broke in half and put all the wires down into the river, and up the streets till it met a high tension tower which, according to an engineer actually buckled. Funny thing was, nobody knew it had blown up. People figure the booms were the breakers on the poles getting thrown from ice. Went to power the grid back up, and the place was a smoldering ruin. :blink: I'm gonna shut down... the power is browning out don't wanna lose a second computer.
Oops.

But TTLWHKR has a back-up generator to power his whole neighborhood, so all is ok.

Jon [/b][/quote]
Any business that had alot of stuff in freezers, but were too stupid to buy a generator after the week-long power outage two months ago.

I do have a generator, but since the outage was so unexpected, I only had enough gas for like 18 hours. The problem was, power was out in every town in a 40 mile radius. No power, no gas pumps; no gas, no generator. Luckily we had snow.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+Mar 25 2005, 10:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ Mar 25 2005, 10:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Mar 25 2005, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Mar 24 2005, 11:33 PM

It is VERY nasty here.

Jon

Oops.

Jon
Any business that had alot of stuff in freezers, but were too stupid to buy a generator after the week-long power outage two months ago.

I do have a generator, but since the outage was so unexpected, I only had enough gas for like 18 hours. The problem was, power was out in every town in a 40 mile radius. No power, no gas pumps; no gas, no generator. Luckily we had snow. [/b][/quote]
you could always siphon it from your car.... just don't swallow :D