emt-t's??

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
My Ruger Service 6 .357 mag absolutely destroyed a peice of 2" thick Lexan that was left over from teller windows. the 9mm didn't do anything to it nor did the 870 with 00 buck and slugs

all that we found that worked were mine, and My friends .44 mag (with a scope) were the only ones that did damage at all.

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Jun 5 2005, 05:17 AM
My Ruger Service 6 .357 mag absolutely destroyed a peice of 2" thick Lexan that was left over from teller windows. the 9mm didn't do anything to it nor did the 870 with 00 buck and slugs

all that we found that worked were mine, and My friends .44 mag (with a scope) were the only ones that did damage at all.
I'll have to keep that in mind for when I go rob a teller! ;)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
ECC, generally one of the points of the triangle, if you know what I mean.... B) Ahhh, the fabled .357 mag, hehehe, it's a good round, still nothing more than a tool to fight to your rifle with though... Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of shotguns, we are required to qual, but I prefer my 5.56 and .40. I guess everything has it's place. Some of the older guys love the 870, to each their own. So ECC, you gonna run w/the TAC team?

ECC

Forum Captain
We are still waiting on that...budget crunch got the ERT medics cut (fire was paying for that with no return). If/when we do, I will be applying. I want to go the HK school...I hear they have their shiz wired tight!

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Yeah, I was hoping on HK as well, just don't have the current LE/Mil affiliation that's necessary. An associate of mine was there when the incident happened, said he held the guy's hand. There was a lot of talk about how it could of been avoided, helmets, req. etc... but the downside to doing those type of jobs, is you perform like you train. It also wasn't even the Tac Med course. There's another guy I'm trying to find the time to train with, he's way out on the hairy edge of med, austere/wilderness/tac. Beyond the drugs, but looking at the reasons why, and substitutions. He runs a training course in SA, so hopefully I will have the time off to go, I was supposed to go to Greece to train, but unfortunately other business kept me in the States at the time. If you get ERT Med back, hell, knock out CONTOMS! Take it easy, luke

BTW there is also a school of thought that involves dropping to a knee, and taking the shot just above the Larynx... supposedly less bony structure to deflect the round, but hey, everybody's got a theory.