EMT Training Michigan

apple2gs

Forum Ride Along
Hello all I was wondering if anyone knows of a place where I could receive EMT training in Michigan

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Most community colleges in Michigan offer an EMS program. Where in Michigan are you looking?

OP
OP
A

apple2gs

Forum Ride Along
Well I live in the Grand Rapids area so somewhere around there

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTMandy

Forum Lieutenant
Well I live in the Grand Rapids area so somewhere around there

You might want to check out GRCC then. I am not sure if they have an EMS program or not though.

-Mandy:)

OP
OP
A

apple2gs

Forum Ride Along
You might want to check out GRCC then. I am not sure if they have an EMS program or not though.

-Mandy:)

thats where I got my first degree iit seems as if they used to offer ems education at one point in time but they no longer do

EMTMandy

Forum Lieutenant
thats where I got my first degree iit seems as if they used to offer ems education at one point in time but they no longer do

Bummer. I also know that Grand Valley has no EMS program. Have you checked out Ferris?

-M

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
AMR Grand Rapids is a big operation with a really active education program. I'd contact them and see what they suggest.

OP
OP
A

apple2gs

Forum Ride Along
AMR Grand Rapids is a big operation with a really active education program. I'd contact them and see what they suggest.

this is the reply I got
We (AMR) do not offer EMS initial education, our focus is on continueing ed. There are a few places around the area tha could provide you with the requested information.

Great Lakes EMS Academy- Jenison MI
Lansing Community College - Lansing

Both of which have an excellent history. Additionally you could consider

Kellogg Community College - Battle Creek
Kalamazoo Community College- Kalamazoo
Life EMS - Grand Rapids

I am not implying these others are inferior, it is just I do not have first hand knowledge of their outcomes. Good luck

http://www.michiganps.net/license.aspx?_function=detail&schCode=19990020
http://www.michiganps.net/license.aspx?_function=detail&schCode=20060008

Last edited by a moderator: