EMT Survival Kit

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
I have joked for awhile now about putting together a "survival kit" to be presented at the annual banquet. Well, I am the banquet committee chairman again so I am going to make a kit to keep in the squad to pass to the person having "one of those days".
So far I have come up with a few items to include but I am open for suggestions.
All items are going to be travel size.

Hand sanitizer for the calls that make you go ewwww
cigarettes and a lighter for the smokers
bottle of whiskey
a quarter to call someone that cares
gloves

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mentholatum "chapstick" for one...hides odors.

Pair of cool wrap-around mirrored deep amber polarized shades, for when you need to keep a straight face but can't do the eyes and the mouth at the same time.B)

BEorP

Forum Captain
Are you serious about cigarettes? If people want to smoke, they can smoke... but why encourage it?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Are you serious about cigarettes? If people want to smoke, they can smoke... but why encourage it?

To ensure that they call you in the future for their COPD problems? :p

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Maybe candy cigarettes as a nice compromise? Plus they are bound to get a laugh out of people.

Epi-do

I see dead people

I don't really think the cigarettes are a great idea either, but since the OP stated they wanted to keep this "kit" on the squad, personally, I would be more concerned about the bottle of whiskey.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have joked for awhile now about putting together a "survival kit" to be presented at the annual banquet. Well, I am the banquet committee chairman again so I am going to make a kit to keep in the squad to pass to the person having "one of those days".
So far I have come up with a few items to include but I am open for suggestions.
All items are going to be travel size.

Hand sanitizer for the calls that make you go ewwww
cigarettes and a lighter for the smokers
bottle of whiskey
a quarter to call someone that cares
gloves

The number for a good lawyer, when that EMT/Medic who drank the bottle of whiskey kills someone.

mycrofft

Deep breath everybody!

elmo-sesame-street.jpg

Sasha

Forum Chief
Your picture didn't work.

Aidey

You could also include a cheap flask that is empty instead of the actual whiskey.

mycrofft

My picture was huge and pointless

Sort of like my retirement fund.

Silverstone

Forum Probie
huh?

Hearing aids.... for when the sirens/air horns blow out your ear drums.

OP
OP
M

Medic9

Forum Lieutenant
please go back to the original post and see that I said trial size. Ever see the small "airplane" bottles of booze??? Why doesn't it surprise me that a certain poster would start with the legal stuff.
I have looked for candy cigarettes, they don't make them anymore. They encourage kids to "smoke". yea, whatever. The items in the box aren't going to accessable to just anyone since the box will be glued shut. If someone is so desperate that they have to break into the box for a half swallow of booze or a cigarette so stale that it disappears soon as you light it, they won't be employed long.

I love the idea for the sunglasses. Thank you.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I have looked for candy cigarettes, they don't make them anymore

Ice cream trucks stil have them, here.

Ever see the small "airplane" bottles of booze???

Some people take very little alcohol to get drunk off of.

Aidey

Hearing aids.... for when the sirens/air horns blow out your ear drums.

Or just a pair of earplugs! Works on sirens, crying babies, babbling chiefs.....

Aidey

Also, you can find Candy Cigarettes and all sorts of awesome old candy here.

Epi-do

I see dead people
please go back to the original post and see that I said trial size. Ever see the small "airplane" bottles of booze???

Regardless of the size of the bottle, or if it is in a box that is glued shut or not, any amount of alcohol inside an ambulance is a very, very bad idea. Honestly, if you were ever to have some sort of accident and it was found, I guarentee there would be all sorts of ramifications to follow.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Extra padded hat, for when you demonstrate how NOT to stand in a moving ambulance.