EMT questions

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
In most places you'll not see an RN on a truck, nor is there a state recognized CC paramedic cert.

Agreed.

For the OP, the national scope of practice model is EMR -> EMT -> AEMT -> Paramedic, with the caveat that EMR is generally intended for prehospital care providers outside of the transport (i.e. ambulance) world, like firefighters and police officers. There are many differences state-by-state. Some are just EMT and Paramedic (like Florida), others have many weird variations, like New York (CFR, EMT, AEMT-I, AEMT-CC, AEMT-P) or Texas (ECA, EMT, EMT-I, EMT-P, LP), but most are going to the national model.

I would also note that employment prospects as far as quantity of jobs are great for EMS (projected number of jobs to grow 24% from 2014 to 2024, versus 7% for all other occupations on average). The quality, of course, is lacking (average compensation circa $15/hour).

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Only nurses on trucks here are with the childrens hospital MICU truck or the other childrens hospital calling us to transport their med team.