EMT politics

benkepes

Forum Ride Along
Howdy all - I'm a Paramedic in New Zealand. Over here the level of "horizontal violence" back stabbing and general service infighting is legendary - is it the same way everywhere - is there a service anywhere in the world where the dispatchers like the road crew, the road crew don't think the dispatchers are monkeys, the management have the skills to do their job and all those other things?

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
simple answer is no. it happens everywhere. no way around. just try to keep your head down and stay out of it whenever possible

"no matter how bad the politics get; when the call comes in, the doors go up and the trucks go out"- Unknown

OP
OP
B

benkepes

Forum Ride Along
simple answer is no. it happens everywhere. no way around. just try to keep your head down and stay out of it whenever possible

"no matter how bad the politics get; when the call comes in, the doors go up and the trucks go out"- Unknown

Same :censored::censored::censored::censored: different place huh - figured as such - Shame!

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe!! We are a fun bunch, as fair as our dispatchers go, they are a pretty good bunch here. :)

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Just to show .. EMS B.S. is universal!!!
Welcome aboard!

R/r 911

firecoins

IFT Puppet
My application to join a volly organization is pending a 2nd month so they could cehck my previous corp. despite already giving more info than a new recruit.
I can sense a certain amount of politics being played with my application.

Mercy4Angels

Forum Lieutenant
welcome to EMS ! however politics happen everywhere at every job in every country.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'm not good at the whole politics thing. I tend to speak first, and then follow up with a half-heard "Sorry..sorry... sorry." I say it so much that my coworkers mock me.

During meets at work I sit in awe as my higher ups work the system and play the games during meetings.

I too think it's universal for most jobs, irrelevant of the position.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Howdy all - I'm a Paramedic in New Zealand. Over here the level of "horizontal violence" back stabbing and general service infighting is legendary - is it the same way everywhere - is there a service anywhere in the world where the dispatchers like the road crew, the road crew don't think the dispatchers are monkeys, the management have the skills to do their job and all those other things?
I don't think so... but if you ever do find Valhalla, let me know, so I can come join you!