EMT & Paramedic Job Opportunities

medic417

The Truth Provider
Corpus, Austin, San Antonio... which is best? Depends on you.

Only if you are a city person. If not those are in the 10 worst places to be in Texas.

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Opportunities

Generally speaking, how often do you hire new basics or new p's?

I have a 20 year old son who may be considering this as a career avenue. he is finishing up his first year at college and has decided that is not the course he'd like to take.

he is considering taking a basic course this summer and then in the fall starting a p program.

What sort of opportunities does a new basic / new p have, assuming they can relocate? What sort of wage could they expect?

1. We conduct orientation every two weeks at our Lafayette campus of the National EMS Academy. Our Texas operations hold orientation as needed. We have openings across the company for both Basics and Paramedics... today in Louisiana.

2. Our company has many opportunities, and I would ask that you pass my info and we can speak directly. We also have a company funded paramedic program for those basic employees who perform well, and are accepted by the acceptance interviews.

3. Wages vary as we cover from Texas to Mississippi, and it depends on his year of certification. A Basic in the south could see ~$26-28K/yr, a paramedic from $37-44K / yr. All depends on location and year of certification.

We are a nationally accredited, employee owned leader in EMS. Primary 911 in most all areas, back up in others.

Thank you for the question...

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
More Openings Posted

We have just launched our new website at www.acadian.com.

We presently have openings for NREMT-Basics, Intermediates, and Paramedics across the company in various locations in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

If you are interested, check out the career tab. This may be the time for you...

Thank you,
Terry

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Info....

Just FYI, I have accepted the position as Director of Emergency Service for a major local hospital, and am no longer in recruiting. You can contact a recruiter at any time at Acadian at 800-259-3333. They are all a great bunch and will strive to help you meet your career goals. I really enjoyed my time back at the company, but couldn't pass up the new opportunity....