EMT & Paramedic Job Opportunities

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Acadian Ambulance Service is growing again and we have opportunities throughout the service area for both EMT and Paramedics. Today, we need paramedics for San Antonio, TX and a few other areas of the company. With proper timing, we can get you where you want to be across the company.

We offer a competitive starting salary based on initial certification, insurance benefits on day 1 for full-time employees, uniforms, paid orientation, and the opportunity to serve as a fellow employee owner of a nationally accredited leader in the EMS industry.

Want 911 calls? We are primary 911 in most areas of the company.

300 ground ambulance on the road daily, 9 helicopters, and 5 airplanes moving over 1000 patients every day.

If you are ready to work, call me.

Terry
Acadian Recruiting Team
Cell 337-501-5181
Office 337-291-1571

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Fox800

Forum Captain
Acadian holds the 911 contract for unincorporated Bexar County (where San Antonio is). Inside the city, SAFD still does EMS.

FR Wrath

Forum Probie
I work for Acadian, and from what I've seen the turn-over rate is not high. Excellent company to work for. Can't recommend it enough!!

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Indeed, we (Acadian) have the 911 contract for Bexar County and also serve five other Texas Counties and (31 other counties/parishes in Louisiana and Mississippi). We are also expanding in the interfacility market in San Antonio with many new positions. And yes, the San Antonio Fire Dept does run 911 in the city and does transport.

We have a recruiters working the area again this week....

As for turnover, probably consistent with other private EMS services. (I just reviewed the JEMS 2008 Salary Survey and didn't see the data I was looking for...)

I see medics leave for many reasons including spouse transfer, entering college, getting accepted to medical or nursing school, entering private business, moving to other Acadian divisions (remote medic, communications, training, medic support, alarm sales, medical facility marketing, etc. And, of course like other companies, some medics "choose" to leave through policy and procedure violations, failure to complete recertifications, etc.

Back to the group....I am here to answer questions. Straight up, we have a great team of dedicated medics making a difference everyday in our family.

Summit

Critical Crazy
San Antonio is one of the 3 best places to live in TX.

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
What are your top two?

I really enjoy traveling out to Texas and have spent many days in the state recruiting and three years in Wichita Falls at Sheppard AFB while I was still active duty. We really enjoyed that area as well.

Summit

Critical Crazy
What are your top two?

I really enjoy traveling out to Texas and have spent many days in the state recruiting and three years in Wichita Falls at Sheppard AFB while I was still active duty. We really enjoyed that area as well.

Corpus, Austin, San Antonio... which is best? Depends on you.

itzfrank

Forum Crew Member
Brand New NREMT-P

I'm a brand new Paramedic, with 2-3 years of EMT-B experience, fire and ambulance based. I have very little Medic experience, but am looking for a long term employer, and am willing to locate just about anywhere in the country, especially south. I'm tired of the Illinois winters. Do you guys have a place for new medics at your company?

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Frank and others -

Yes we do. Our paramedic clearance process is quite robust, and includes classroom as well as ride time with a field training officer. At the conclusion, you'll be ready to solo.

(Check your PMs.)

Great question.

Thank you,

Terry

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Hey Terry,

I sent you an email with a couple questions. Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Heads up...still hiring!

We are scheduling more interviews for the Bexar County Area (San Antonio, TX) next week (Tues thru Thursday). Looking for about 8 EMT-Basics and 8 Paramedics. Contact me for details if interested.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
how much you do you pay your emt basics?

OP
OP
T

tjbroussard

Forum Crew Member
Depends on your year of certification. Call me for details, etc.

upmm019

Forum Probie
Generally speaking, how often do you hire new basics or new p's?

I have a 20 year old son who may be considering this as a career avenue. he is finishing up his first year at college and has decided that is not the course he'd like to take.

he is considering taking a basic course this summer and then in the fall starting a p program.

What sort of opportunities does a new basic / new p have, assuming they can relocate? What sort of wage could they expect?