EMT-P to PA Route

paramagician

Forum Probie
A girl I worked with used her EMT-B experience as a stepping stone to get into PA school. It definitely looks good on an application.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
A girl I worked with used her EMT-B experience as a stepping stone to get into PA school. It definitely looks good on an application.

Many schools have a 2000 clinical hour requirement for application too. EMS counts though I am not sure if it actually looks superior to anything else out there.

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
Many schools have a 2000 clinical hour requirement for application too. EMS counts though I am not sure if it actually looks superior to anything else out there.

Well, some jobs require you to just care for a patient (changing their clothes, vitals, occasional blood drawing maybe?), but with an EMT you are thinking on your feet to avoid disaster (sometimes). I think it's superior because you're on your own making your own choices.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well, some jobs require you to just care for a patient (changing their clothes, vitals, occasional blood drawing maybe?), but with an EMT you are thinking on your feet to avoid disaster (sometimes). I think it's superior because you're on your own making your own choices.

I agree, but your thoughts and mine are not the same as an admission board. Sometimes the rational school of thought is not the correct one sadly.

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
I agree, but your thoughts and mine are not the same as an admission board. Sometimes the rational school of thought is not the correct one sadly.

Well when and if you ever get an interview, you need to persuade them (without them knowing) into thinking how excellent EMT experience is.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Well when and if you ever get an interview, you need to persuade them (without them knowing) into thinking how excellent EMT experience is.

And that's when you realize that EMS is the :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: child of healthcare in many circles.